Woodcraft ignition eliminator install issues

I attempted to install the ignition eliminator today and I think I may have fried the ecu.
2017 RC390 I have a PCV in case that effects things.
Anyway I attempted to hook it up and when I made the last connection there was a pop and smoke started coming from under the fuel tank cover.
I removed the cover, I don't see any scorching, but the ECU smells like it burned.

I hooked the stock stuff back up, when I turn the key the dash display comes on, but the motor won't turn over.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or similar experiences.
Not sure what I did wrong either, maybe not disconnecting the battery, it seems like it would have shorted or whatever once I hooked it up.

Thanks,
mike

Andy

Country flag
I think, from other posts on here, it isn’t compatible with 2017s and fries the ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, looks like it's on me, I guess I clicked wrong in the order drop down for model year, but I bought one for a 2015/16 instead of the one for the 2017.

Will need new ecu and wire harness. I ordered from RevZilla and they sent me the one for the 15/16 and I slapped it on my 17 and welded ecu to connector. Talked with Waylon at woodcraft and he helped hook me up.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

I made the same mistake on my '18. I found a used harness and made it work. Take pictures of the old harness as you take it out to help you route the new harness. It can be frustrating otherwise.

I found it easiest to unplug one connection and plug in the new harness immediately after. Then work my way from the back of the bike to the front.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk