cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Yoshimura's new race and street slip-ons are hitting our shelves next week! A really great looking system that so far is the only kit to replace the pre-muffler and catalytic converter! While we have not been able to put them on the Dyno yet, we expect really good results. Check out the links below and the video for sound!

KTM Store :: KTM Street Powerparts :: 390 DUKE :: Exhaust :: Yoshimura Race R-77 Slip-on Exhaust for KTM 390 2017+

KTM Store :: KTM Street Powerparts :: 390 DUKE :: Exhaust :: Yoshimura Street R-77 Slip-on Exhaust for KTM 390 2017+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=JnGM8qu7JIo

Last edited:

ia02

Country flag
Hey Chad,

Any idea of the ground clearance of this kit? Any concerns about dragging at full lean? I know some other low side mount kits have dragging issues.

AndrewMcEachern

If it replaces the catalytic converters will the bike require fuel management as well?

Kind of new to bikes, just got my 2017 RC390 and I’ve done a little digging on the forums but can’t seem to find the answer to my question.

I currently don’t have any “performance” Mods but definitely need an exhaust soon [emoji39]

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattv

Country flag
I'm also curious if it requires fuel management. I'm still trying to figure out the best setup for the 2017+ models. If you can shed some light on the topic, you got my money =).

mattv

Country flag
From the street version description:
Both of these fun machines are a blast to ride, now Yoshimura helps the 390 pack a punch and look even better. Our new Works Finish Alpha T slip on adds the distinctive Yoshimura sound and provides the 390 single cylinder engine 11% peak H.P. and 17% peak torque. Can you say fun? Our famous Fender Eliminator Kit complete with LED light, cleans up the back of the 390 Duke nicely.

Is that implying +11% HP? If so, that's just straight up dishonest.

Edit: To clarify, I'm assuming that's yoshi's product description, I don't mean to say that commonwealth moto is dishonest!

Last edited:

mattv

Country flag
Installed the race version this evening. Install was easy for the most part. The cat was a bit of a pain to wiggle out.

Anybody considering the race version should know it's pretty damn loud, even with the silencer in.

Also managed to drop the silencer bolt into the end cap. Yay.

ia02

Country flag
Installed the race version this evening. Install was easy for the most part. The cat was a bit of a pain to wiggle out.

Anybody considering the race version should know it's pretty damn loud, even with the silencer in.

Also managed to drop the silencer bolt into the end cap. Yay.

The new low mount version, correct? Do you track the bike? Very curious to know if it’ll drag at full lean.

mattv

Country flag
Yup. I'm hoping to do my first track day this summer, so can't help you with a full lean test =). Maybe I can try gently laying it down in the garage to see what makes contact first.

simpletty

Country flag
it will be a dragger at full lean. Somebody just come out with the 2018 cup exhaust look alike already. These low slung exhausts are great for street use, not so much for track.. The original akra pipe would drag so bad it made me crash a couple times. Put on the tyga and have been trouble free since. Its obvious why they switched the cup bike exhaust to a higher mounting.