Dunlo Alpha 13s for Street Use

OldVet

Anyone tried them if so what do you think about them? I would appreciate your opinion/impressions please.

guzz46

Ive been running them for about 7 months now, done about 4000kms on them and there's still plenty of life left in them yet, they're really sticky and warm up quickly too, probably not quite as sticky as something like a Supercorsa SC1, but they will most probably last longer and be cheaper too.

mr-fabricator

As guzz says , i use them for track and theyre great . Consider the Dunlop UB02 also , technically they should be even stickier but thats track use , on the road you wouldnt notice much at all .

OldVet

Thanks for your input guys.

Compared to the (Rosso II) that came on my bike which seem to work quite well, do you think the Alpha 13s would be a better choice for serious canyon carving?

guzz46

My bike came with Metzelers M5's, so I don't know what the Rosso 2's are like, but the Alpha 13's were much better than the M5's, so I would assume they would be better than the Rosso's too, but I can't say for sure.

mr-fabricator

Deffo better , the pirellies are fine for a 250 ninja even for racing one but the RC needs better , A13's in 2000k of track riding have never let go ( well 1 front end push but that was my own fault and i didnt go down )

Run them 27-29r and 29-31f ( im 26r and 28f hot off the warmers for track ) for fun on the twisties