tecknojoe

Country flag
SOLD

Y6WBnm4.jpg

Ogth5xw.jpg

Last edited:

stevieboy

Country flag
Too bad. I bought a stock top clamp for $70.00 and ground off the bar bosses. Smooth and paint, add Driven clip on bars for $120.00 and I am good to go.

unicorn_violence

Really? that's crazy. i guess we can only do clip ons with the stock triple tree in the production class? thats gonna look super ugly.

tecknojoe

Country flag
Really? that's crazy. i guess we can only do clip ons with the stock triple tree in the production class? thats gonna look super ugly.

Yea I misinterpreted the rule. It said "clip ons, handlebars, blah blah" and I didn't even think twice that I was actually changing out the triple. Bret confirmed though, we'll have to run stock.

I really liked the driven one a lot, I'm gonna be so annoyed every time I look down at the stock one.

EdL

I would love to buy it from you, I checked the AFM rule book and It just doesn't say anything explicit about triple clamp ... I am waiting for my friend to confirm.

stevieboy

Country flag
Well I'm not racing. Just an old guy who likes the way the bike handles with lower, proper clip-ons. I lowered the bars almost three inches at the end of the grips. Got more sweep and lost a bunch of weight too. If I wanted to be a sail I would have bought the 390 Duke.

tecknojoe

Country flag
I would love to buy it from you, I checked the AFM rule book and It just doesn't say anything explicit about triple clamp ... I am waiting for my friend to confirm.

Sure thing, just let me know

Well I'm not racing. Just an old guy who likes the way the bike handles with lower, proper clip-ons. I lowered the bars almost three inches at the end of the grips. Got more sweep and lost a bunch of weight too. If I wanted to be a sail I would have bought the 390 Duke.

Thank you for the feedback, can we leave this thread for someone who prefers the Driven triple and would like to buy it? Thank you.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
And here I thought a bike specific forum was for the exchange of ideas and experiences. Silly me.

It's not personal StevieBoy... it's just that folks want to keep banter down in the Classifieds section and limit discussions just to the sale of parts. Feel free to discuss it all you'd like in the General Discussion or Wheels, Tires, and Suspension sections.

Wa2fst

Country flag
With this set up u still need clip on and bars right? I do not need the ignition part as im going keyless