Frame Sliders

emeglasson

The first set you found on ebay for the Duke would require that you cut a large hole in your fairing, right where the black and white plastic overlap each other. I looked into them a while back. It would be difficult and messy. The next two both look perfectly legit. I have been searching, so thanks for posting the links.

Treachery

Country flag
The Sato ones are $$$pendy, but look to be more secure (multiple mounting points) than the R&G ones that look to only saddle a frame spar. The mounting of the GSGMoto ones look similar, and save $35. I can attest to WHAccesories as a good source.

Seth

Country flag
Matt, which frame sliders did you get?... I can't tell by the picture. The WHAccesories ones look really good and professional.

Seth

Country flag
Also I can't help but wonder do these sliders require you to take off bolts that go thru the front wheel axel? What about the engine bolts, do you have to remove them for the frame slider? Should a mechanic install these?

Treachery

Country flag
I've installed frame sliders before that replaced engine mounting through-bolts. What I've usually had to do is support the engine (gently) from below, usually with a floor jack and a piece of wood. That's to keep the bolt from binding coming out or going in. Dunno nuthin' about the RC yet, but that's what I've done in the past.