General Questions for Me

MrHix

Hi,

MrHix here.

Trying to get some info from the experts here before deciding to buy an RC390:

1. Is anyone making an aftermarket upper triple clamp to allow handlebars to be used?

2. I am 5’ 8” tall (1.7 m) with a 32” inseam (0.8 m). Will the pegs give me a little stretch or will they be fairly tight to the seat?

3. Is the suspension good for 165 lbs (74 kg) and fairly aggressive street riding?

Thanks,

DCMoney

Country flag
I might be picking my 390 up Saturday, you're welcome to come sit on it. I'm a few miles from Big St Charles in St Peters.

Im 6', 210 lb and the RC390 I rode at putnam last weekend felt a little soft but nothing some springs/emulators cant fix and I felt more comfortable position wise than my SV or 1198. But I think the stock suspension would be more than adequate for Missouri backroads.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I was concerned also about possibly needing to go to a handle bar setup, My thought was to use the upper triple tree from a Duke 390...

mr-fabricator

Your the same weight and size as me buddy ,

My rc is track only so i like it agressive with plenty of clearance

use clipons ( 51mm ) 7 degree bend or less if u can find them . And set to your desired position , i use rearsets and have them set high and rearwards . Suspension is great for street , use 7th click on rear shock and drop the front forks 4-5 mm down in the tripple clamps .

Happy riding

Regards lee

mr-fabricator

Ps , when i took the original handle bars off i just cut the part where they fit into the top tripple clamp and sanded it back to look pretty standard part , repaint in satain black or colour of your choice ..

Lee

MrHix

Another question: Bonus Round!

4. What diameter pin is required for a headlift stand?

Thanks all,

MrHix

I was concerned also about possibly needing to go to a handle bar setup, My thought was to use the upper triple tree from a Duke 390...

I have read several places that the frames are quite different so the Duke triples may be different too.

Cheers,

Fasteddy

Country flag
The rake is about the only thing I found different in my reading, My thoughts on interchange of the triple tree top were confirmed while looking at the duke and rc a couple feet from each other. The ing, switch is offset a little but has the same radius around the head.

For now I am happy with the RC setup, I did re route the clutch cable to go above the throttle cable so it would not rub on the instrument cluster.

Fasteddy

Country flag
61029055620 19,4 mm

this is the part # / dia. pin from KTM's stand according to info I was given from a dealer....