ktm rc 390 w/ 300 miles

azn_15317

Found a dealer selling a slightly used KTM rc390 for $4800 otd. fair price? or should i wait for 2016 model?

-miles: 300

Last edited:

Topaz

Country flag
This guy was offering a 2015 for $4800 brand new. He' in GA. And the ad says it's last price, no hidden fees. You surely will have to add taxes and registration, and shipping if you're not in GA.

KTM Other | eBay

The ad expired, but he may still have it.

Last edited:

Topaz

Country flag
According to KBB and NADA, the average annual mileage for a sport bike is around 2000 miles. So I guess most of used 2015's for sale should be around 1000 miles.

I'd rather get a bike that already has the 600 miles service done. It would save you about $300. Or, as @Ryanthegreat1 said, try to negotiate the first service.

Also, if it's from a dealer, check for any dealer fee before getting too enthusiastic about the price.

Last edited:

Ryanthegreat1

Not only to save money but every bike thus far has needed valves adjusted at the first service. Also the amount of crap in the crank case is unbelievable, oil changes and filter cleanings help this.

reenmachine

Country flag
OP stated $4800 OTD, which means tax, tags, fees, everything. That's like paying less than 4 grand for the bike itself.

Topaz

Country flag
My bad. I didn't see it was OTD. Yes, as OTD price is a nice deal, especially coming from a dealer.
I saw a couple on the last weeks going for $4500 from private sellers, not very close to me though.

ToraTora

Country flag
Yeah the OP did say OTD. ;)

That eBay listing (now closed) was excellent!

Up for sale is a brand new 2015 KTM RC 390, this machine is brand new with 0 miles. We are one of the nations largest volume dealers. Retail value of this bike is $5,499. We do not add on freight, set-up, administrations fees, etc. Absolutely no hidden fees! buyer must come in house to purchase. We are located in Berkeley Springs WV approx 100 miles west of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. Any questions please feel free to contact us on here or call 304-258-1449 mon-fri 9-6 and saturdays 9-3 closed on sundays to go riding. Ask for harold. We also sell Honda Polaris Ktm Kawasaki Canam Husqvarna Victory thanks from the crew at ridersville cycle!

azn_15317

So the bike was used for track day and only has <20 days warranty. The dealer does not want to give the first service for free. Would you still get it?

Topaz

Country flag
The price still feels good to me. Fair price, a bit of a deal. 2016's will be at the dealers soon (hopefully) and 2015's will be worth a bit less.

Is it a track bike? Is it all stock? Usually track bikes are modified or loaded with accessories. Was it modified or loaded and then put back to stock? Ask about it, so at least you know.
300 miles means about 3 track days. Very little use.

If it's a track bike, consider that very probably the brake in was not done 'by the book', in case it bothers you.

Ryanthegreat1

I would say that bike probably had the best break in possible. Get it fully warmed up and then ride it like you stole it. Motor probably has great leak down numbers.

ToraTora

Country flag
If the dealer never actually sold it the bike should technically still have warranty. The story seems a bit conflicted. Did some one buy it, track it, and then take it to the dealer to sell?You can probably get an aftermarket warranty, but it's usually rather difficult to get paid on those things.

Oh and can you wrench? Because if you can't then the warranty is even more important to you. For me I wouldn't care so much because I do all my own work, but if you don't then that's big money.

(and if the engine took a dump I'd probably be really happy to have an excuse to put a two stroke in it!) lolz

ToraTora

Country flag
So it was never actually sold, then it should have full warranty. Demo means it is still in the dealer's inventory as stock. Fight for it! ;)

And if it doesn't then say well it's a used bike, and thus the price should drop significantly and they cannot charge you setup fees, shipping fees, and all that other BS, because those only apply to "new" bikes that come with a FULL warranty.

azn_15317

So it was never actually sold, then it should have full warranty. Demo means it is still in the dealer's inventory as stock. Fight for it! ;)

And if it doesn't then say well it's a used bike, and thus the price should drop significantly and they cannot charge you setup fees, shipping fees, and all that other BS, because those only apply to "new" bikes that come with a FULL warranty.

i guess it was sold to the owner of a track day org and was used as a demo bike. i just pulled the trigger and received a free track day