KTM rc390 won't start!!

Mr_black23

Hi I own a used KTM rc390 got it used with 7k miles, I currently have 10k miles on it now and so far it hasn't given me any problems but recently I was riding home doing about 60mph in 5th gear and it shut off with no noise so I pulled the clutch in and shifted into neutral and cruised to a stop then tried to start it up and it just cranks I figured it was a dead battery but I charged it over night and still just cranks so then I thought maybe a fuse problem but I checked the fuses and they are perfect so I'm lost if anyone has some ideas or can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Muckabucka

Country flag
Three things to check. Does it have spark? Does it have fuel? Does it have compression? Once you have your answers to those questions, then you can troubleshoot down the respective path....

Maddog Reynolds

Various things come to mind. When you turn the ignition on, do you hear the fuel pump whir for a second? Does the dash display light up and the speedo count up to maximum and back to zero?

Does the engine sound normal when it is spinning on the starter?

Maddog Reynolds

Also, there is at least one way the RC 390 interlocks can cause this, so there may be more? The way I know is when the sidestand is down, clutch freed and in gear, but there may be more ways I haven't seen. In this case the fuel pump doesn't run, but the starter motor does.

If the sidestand switch is faulty, it could be a part of the non-starting problem.