6 Hour Endurance in the Texas heat

"G-Baby Too" finishes 2nd in class (ULWGP) and 9th overall in the CMRA 6 hour LW Endurance at Motorsport Ranch Cresson TX! (Reported on 7-25-15 102 degrees F) First time that we know of that a RC390 has been endurance raced in North America.

https://www.facebook.com/GBabyRacing

Last edited:

Ash797

Congrats on the podium Jim! I have some vid from practice you guys might like to see.

So about how many miles did y'all get to a tank and how many fuel stops?

Congrats on the podium Jim! I have some vid from practice you guys might like to see.

So about how many miles did y'all get to a tank and how many fuel stops?

That's Becka on the bike in the video. You can share it if you wish. Those practice sessions were sketchy don't you agree.

Running 91 non ethanol pump fuel. Air box lid on.
Fuel - Nicole weighs 115lb she wen 1.5 hours and wasn't on the low fuel yet (56 or 57 laps I think). Took 2 gallons on. Becka is a bit heavier and got an hour with less than 2. I weight 175 and got 1 hour but the light wasn't on yet took roughly 2 gallons. Jeremy is 195-200lb - hit the low fuel at about 50 minutes and went 8 more laps and came in. Took 2.2 gallons. We made 4 fuel stops. Nicole was getting like 50 mpg - I was I think 38 mpg? We could use more fuel. We will do a dry break this winter. Fueling time and the extra stop cost us at least 3 laps maybe 4.

ArkansasDave

That's Becka on the bike in the video. You can share it if you wish. Those practice sessions were sketchy don't you agree.

Running 91 non ethanol pump fuel. Air box lid on.
Fuel - Nicole weighs 115lb she wen 1.5 hours and wasn't on the low fuel yet (56 or 57 laps I think). Took 2 gallons on. Becka is a bit heavier and got an hour with less than 2. I weight 175 and got 1 hour but the light wasn't on yet took roughly 2 gallons. Jeremy is 195-200lb - hit the low fuel at about 50 minutes and went 8 more laps and came in. Took 2.2 gallons. We made 4 fuel stops. Nicole was getting like 50 mpg - I was I think 38 mpg? We could use more fuel. We will do a dry break this winter. Fueling time and the extra stop cost us at least 3 laps maybe 4.

I wish I could have seen you more out there, 30 minutes in someone rammed me and took out my handlebar sending me flying down the straight so I never got to try and follow you guys.

Ash797

Yes those practice sessions were pretty sketchy with all the traffic from the street group and LW riders, not to mention those gaping seems on the right handers. I wasn't pushing at all though in the a.m. since I had just gotten my Andreani cartridges installed and was working on set-up.
I was actually happy to see her fly by cause all day I wasn't really able to grab a tow or had riders to ride with.
This was probably the ONLY session where I had someone to play with!

https://youtu.be/1YvZT54gFgw

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk