About engine power

rudra2k14

My friend's RC390's feels more refined and power at mid range. But mine feels much rough and power at low-end.

Is this a issue or it's fine?

reenmachine

Country flag
Are they both exactly the same or has one been modified?

How many miles on each?

How were they broken in?

Did you ride them both or are you comparing your feeling about yours with his feeling about his?

mithun

Hello everyone, Newbie member here. Registered just to get into this discussion. Though I have a Duke 390, I have felt symptoms opposite to that of the OP. My bike feels super refined and starts pulling nicely at higher rpms. there are absolutely no bad vibes on normal operating range except at the far end of the revrange.its a little lazy on the initial.

where as a friends Duke which is a late 2014 model has crazy initial but somewhat flattens out after 5000 rpm, I have changed the injector and a few parts, even the ecu, along with checking the valve clearances. There has been no change in the character of the bike. both bikes are totally stock.

I somehow conclude that this might be due to different cam types probably, with the older and newer bikes. I am clueless regarding anything else that could be pin pointed.

ray

For starters, with the kind of production quality the KTMs have, no 2 bikes are going to be the same :D Also, a lot of it is just in our minds and then the kind of maintenance matters. Even mine and my friends RC doesn't really feel the same but I just ignore it..doesn't bother me.