Alternative display installation

avs

Country flag
hello, instead of adding a 2nd display, I would like to replace the '15rc oem display with a koso tach, the power and rpm are sorted, but would like to get the neutral light to function. has anyone found a solution? does the oem display use a compatible signal or do i need a relay or something?

I read thru everything to be found here about the rc display and alternatives, but still looking for best alternatives. so remaining questions:

1) does the oem display loom require any terminations to allow the vehicle to function without the display?
2) is there a clever coolant temp solution, it looks like the koso adapter cut into a hose is the best choice for now? tapping into the radiator looks like too small a diameter.
3) is there an oem wire that will provide neutral light function to the koso display?

thanks very much for any insight from your experiences.

avs

Country flag
the koso documentation is vague, but a + voltage will fire the signal.

a minor problem is that the gear position sensor neutral wire (light green) is only energized with the display plugged in, so some alternative power is needed.

the bigger question is that with the display plugged in, that wire sees 12v in neutral and 2.5v in other gears(enough to keep the koso light on) is a simple diode the fix? or is something else more appropriate?

Fasteddy

Country flag
Hi, the light green wire goes to the ECU and the starter lock control module and is an active ground, so the residual voltage when not in neutral / grounded is from there, yes a diode would likely cure the issue with the Koso. You may also get more info from the OBD II port about the mileage etc. the ECU stores number of miles since MIL reset, number of starts and lots of other neat stuff...

avs

Country flag
some good news? I was testing the wrong wire, a green wire(4th gear indicator) in the 6 wire plug containing the gear positions. The 'light' green wire is on the large black connector, and is a good ground in neutral and +12 in gear. So I think just a relay with ground trigger should suffice.

avs

Country flag
OK, the tach, shift and neutral lights all function, (still need to tap into the coolant line for the water temp) The display fits in about the same location with KOSO supplied bracket with an approx 20 degree bend to clear the KTM base.

I just might have a chance of noticing the shift light at speed!

avs

Country flag
Sorry, just saw this. It is the minimalist rx-2nr gp version. It has just rpm, temp, neutral and shift lights