Shift Shaft Support w/ Kickstand

RiccyD15

Country flag
Hi all!
Slowly converting my 19’ RC390 into a track day bike, but wanting to keep it street legal for the occasional commute and Sunday mountain run.
Having some issues with sloppy shifting and inconsistent shift lever feel, so was thinking the shift shaft support would be an awesome upgrade. From my inexperienced eye, it looks like I would just have to bypass the kickstand sensor and grind down the part of the bracket that holds this in place to get the shaft support to fit with the kickstand. Does anyone have any experience with or answer for this?
I will also be installing either Tyga or GreyArea rearsets next, I’m not sure if the mounting position of these makes a difference.

Cheers, Ricc

1JZSupra

Country flag
I can't speak for the RC390. I had to grind down my kick stand to get it fitted, but it was an easy job. I didn't have to do anything with my sensor.

RiccyD15

Country flag
I can't speak for the RC390. I had to grind down my kick stand to get it fitted, but it was an easy job. I didn't have to do anything with my sensor.
Ok good to know! Would you be able to attach a photo to see if it’s a similar setup? And do you feel like it was worth the effort for the improvement in shifting?

1JZSupra

Country flag
I love it. I also love the short shifter that it comes with. I've seen a few cases where the shift shaft was bent. I have personally had to replace the shift shaft seal which I suspect could have went bad due to the shift shaft. I'll send you a PM