Best guess for USA Price/Release date?

ToraTora

Country flag
I haven't seen anything printed about it in the States. At the ktm day at Scuderia I asked. They told us the now released retail for the stock RC and Duke, and stated that the cup will probably be sold as a parts upgrade. But I really hope they offer a cup version of the bike.

TZMike

This summer Roadracing World listed a price of 6900 euros (currently ~$8100 USD) for the ADAC Cup bike in Germany. Scuderia is suggesting the Cup bike will be a kit. My local dealer says 500 Cup bikes are expected to be available at a price 3x the street version.

Lots of stories floating around, but no real info. Speculation and rumors it seems.

We'll just have to wait for KTM to make an announcement...

TZMike

ToraTora

Country flag
Scuderia is saying that because that's what the rep told us at the KTM demo day--the same day the US pricing was released. The Cup bikes in Germany were something like $9k usd, but then their stock bike was silly money too. KTM knows that to sell these in the states they have to be seriously competitive. That's why the Duke is $5k, and the RC is $5.5k. If you think about it the RC in India is ~$3.5K, so that's a lot of cashola just for shipping and import fees--and of course then there is the Dealer reamage factor...

Still I would be really surprised if the Cup, if it came as a complete, would be more than a grand more. Heck the Ohlins equipped 675 was only what $1500 more, right? And that was a hell of an upgrade. The Cup bike while nicely upgraded isn't coming with Ohlins, so if it costs that much more it wont be seeing people doing the happy dance.