Question Compatibility of US Model Wiring Harness with Asian Model RC390

Ahad

Country flag
Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to seek some advice and insights regarding the compatibility of a US model wiring harness with an Asian model RC390 motorcycle.

Here's the situation: I live in Singapore and own a 2017 RC390, which is the Asian model variant. Recently, I purchased an Aracer ECU from Steady Garage in the US with the intention of upgrading my bike's performance. However, upon attempting the installation, I encountered some challenges. The ECU did not function as expected, and I received error codes both on the bike and the Aracer ECU app.

After some investigation, I discovered that the ECU pins on both the US and Asian models are positioned differently, with 4 pins located in different places. This has led me to wonder if it's possible to install the US model wiring harness onto my Asian model RC390 to accommodate the ECU properly.

Since I already have the Aracer ECU, I'm keen to explore the option of swapping the wiring harness if it's feasible. However, I'm unsure about the compatibility and potential complications that may arise from such a modification.

I would greatly appreciate any insights experience, or advice. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance!