DIY exhaust hanger for the fraction of the cost.

fs1ephil

I posted a thread on modifying your original tail section into a really nice tail tidy and
because I just fitted an Arrow mid pipe with a Gp gun muffler I wanted an exhaust hanger.

The Ktm hanger looks nasty in my opinion so I looked at the Akrapovic one and to be honest for £89.00 + p&p, I thought it was a rip off for what it is. Any way I pooped down to my local store to purchase some steel round bar for £3.50, a tin of orange paint from halfords for £5.50 and I already had the red primer and went home to make myself one.
the round bar was cut in half with a tube cutter, I welded the nuts to the end of each tube, used a grinding wheel to round the nuts and bent and cut and welded the tube into the shape I wanted and the result is in the picture below.
What do you think for only £9 :D

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

emeglasson

Nice work! I did similar, but you were a little more clever than me by using the nuts. I fabricated some cylinders with a plate on the back which I drilled a hole in, which took a bit of time.

photo 3.JPG

fs1ephil

Thanks for the positive comments. It's £80 I can spend on something else for my bike.
Your right about the colour it is slightly darker but not being powder coat it will fade over time.
I could of had a can made up to match but they wanted £20 and I'ts not so far off it looks bad.
:cool: