Engine Light On - No Blink Code

I've had three instances of this happening to me now:

900mi on the Odometer after riding about 150 miles: engine light comes on solid during a ride. Pulled over, turn engine off, turn back on again, engine light still on but no blink code. (this is with side stand up, ready to ride, by the way.) Ride home, wait in driveway, turn bike on again, engine light is off. No idea why it went on in the first place.

1600mi on the Odometer after riding about 200 miles: same thing, engine light on solid on the highway; turned itself off in my driveway.

Today, 1760 mi on Odo after a very short ride (<40 mi): engine light on. Engine light is not turning off this time however, nor is it blinking. Going to let the bike cool down a while and check the engine light again. I suspect this may be cooling related as I am at 1 bar below the warning level, but that is just a hunch.

Anyway, my question is: does anyone know what would cause the engine light to come on solid? I've had it come on once before with several long and short blinks, which indicated a particular fault as listed in the manual; however i cant find any literature that points out what a solid engine light would mean. I am wondering if it is possible this is a sensor fault, too.

Thanks!

=maz=

Country flag
Keep a log...time, date, miles traveled, etc.

It will be handy when you make your warranty claim.