grips!

ray

Ha! Even I am looking for a good one. Even with gloves on the RC's grip have been the most painful one for me to date!

psych0hans

Country flag
I've bought a pair of cheapo grips, can't wait to try them. If they suck, I just wasted shy of 3.5$, no harm done :) might get renthal or something next. Full diamond dual density.

morssolis

I have not looked at how to take them off yet, but if I recall, they are too hard to take a razor to them. Any ideas?

waveriders

I changed mine out this morning. I put on super bike grips by Performance. I use them on my R6 track bike and really like them. One thing I was surprised on was the throttle had tabs that stick up on each end. So I had to cut them off.

JKBC

My right hand really bothers me on the road at times from them. I wish KTM made some sort of comfort grips aimed at the adventure touring bikes but I don't think they do.

Willasan

I put on some Driven Racing Skull grips over the weekend. The throttle tube does have strange tabs I had to dremel off, but it wasn't too hard. The clutch side was glued very good. I had to cut the grip into strips with a razor to get it off.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Well seeing im on the track definitely wearing good gloves. But man that throttle side is knurled sharper than my pegs!

I changed our grips to Renthal Medium Soft Road Race that I run on all my track bikes. Install and "Glue" them on with White Rain Max hold hair spray (reminds me of mom).

SPG

Renthal hard road race grips for me. One of the first things that gets changed on my bikes...

-Sean

Guyhowdy

I first switched out the stockers for the dual compound Renthal that MNNTHBX sells, and I really didn't like them. The grips feel firmer, smaller, and transfered more harshness into my hands but I wanted to at least give them a go since everyone raves about Renthal. I switched the Renthal out for Driven Racing Superbike Grips and I love them! I also bought Driven Racing grippy grips, but never installed them because of how much I like the Superbike grips. They feel way better for my big hands and transfer a lot less harshness into my hands without killing bike feel. I actually forgot that I had on new grips after my first test ride with them on which to me is the most important outcome that you're not paying attention to your grips they just disappear and feel natural. Also they are actually black black, where the blackest Renthal grips are the hard racing grips and they're more of a dark grey or dull black if appearance is important to you. I would recommend them to anyone who doesn't fall in love with Renthals like me.

Last edited:

yo69xl

Hey guys , does anyone know if this fits on the RC , I saw them on a Duke but dont know about the RC .

Attachments

• 630.02.021.100KTM-2.jpg
    630.02.021.100KTM-2.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

JKBC

Hey guys , does anyone know if this fits on the RC , I saw them on a Duke but dont know about the RC .

I saw these open-ended (which our bikes need) genuine KTM ones on Amazon Amazon.com: KTM Open End Dual Compound Hand Grips: Automotive
..looks like the throttle grip may have a raised ridge bit which would feel good under the outermost joints of your fingers. My right hand really bothers me so I've ordered a pair of Amazon.com: Progrip 714BK Black 125mm Dual Sport Gel Grip: Automotive which looks like the best for me from what the reviews say. If I thought/knew those KTM grips were a lot more comfortable than our stock grips I would rather have had them with the brand name showing but thought the others were a safer bet.

Last edited: