Ktm//galfer 320mm rotor

simpletty

Country flag
So I got this today from my dealer along with the ebc hh pads. I can tell already it's stopping power is much greater. I do feel some pad knock when I am applying the brakes. I hope this gets better as these pads bed in. It's really pulsing the lever a bit when stopping. Anyone else with the big rotor upgrade have this happen?? Btw everything torqued to spec and loctite in place. Nothing loose or out of the ordinary.

rogergreene

I used the same 320 mm rotor but used the Galfer pads same problem, Try this loosen the caliper bolts apply the the brake and tighten the caliper to make sure it is aligned to the rotor that fixed mine.

simpletty

Country flag
I used the same 320 mm rotor but used the Galfer pads same problem, Try this loosen the caliper bolts apply the the brake and tighten the caliper to make sure it is aligned to the rotor that fixed mine.

Ok ii will give that a go. Thanks very much for the tip

SneakyOwl

This is the powerparts rotor, right? Might be my best shot at some better braking performance + some better pads of course. I don't think I will bother with new master cylinder.

74d34h

Do you have a link for where you purchased? Looking to do this for the RC390 and I am also looking at upgrading the master cylinder.

ratlab

So I got this today from my dealer along with the ebc hh pads. I can tell already it's stopping power is much greater. I do feel some pad knock when I am applying the brakes. I hope this gets better as these pads bed in. It's really pulsing the lever a bit when stopping. Anyone else with the big rotor upgrade have this happen?? Btw everything torqued to spec and loctite in place. Nothing loose or out of the ordinary.

yep-same problem-got better over time-also had to re-align a couple of times.used vortex pads,really aggressive.

simpletty

Country flag
yep-same problem-got better over time-also had to re-align a couple of times.used vortex pads,really aggressive.
\

THE quality of the caliper bolts they supplied are not the best. Already have ruined one and I have replaced them with standard bolts. cost me 12 $ for the spacer kit and bolts, New bolts cost me 1$

Fasteddy

Country flag
Also for a small Brembo Radial Master cylinder i think it is a 12 MM from a Triumph 675 R i bought one for a 100.00

From the 675 R spec sheet pdf...
'Brembo radial master cylinder 18mm diameter'

Does the stock 675 R lever clear the switch / throttle housing?

cornerslider

I warped my OEM rotor (based on the extreme pad knock I experienced). I replaced it with a Galfer 320mm floating rotor, as well as sintered pads. I took my time seating the pads to the rotor. I did it over two 20 minute track sessions. I took it pretty easy at first, and by the end of the second session, I was braking more aggressively than ever before.....The feedback is MUCH better, even with the stock master & ABS unit. Since then I have had ZERO issues. I love my new brakes!!! FYI- I bought the whole set-up from Hardracing.

D

Deleted member 452

FYI- I warped my Galfer 320mm rotor after 4K street miles and I hardly use my brakes since I ride slow and use engine compression to slow down most of the time. I only notice it when I come to a slow controlled stop in traffic since the rotor floats but it's more annoying now that I have a larger radial master cylinder. I've deglazed the rotor (it really didn't need it) per Galfer's suggestion but it's not pad build-up that's causing the problem- The rotor's warped in 1 spot.