MPG drop

Treachery

Country flag
Unusual observation. I'm one of those guys who calculates such a thing. Started with the cars, and I can't help myself with the bikes.

The RC had averaged in the 50s to low 60s for MPG, with the lowest being 48.7. Then the last four tanks were: 50.2, 45.3, 38.1, and 43.2. Nothing was changed mechanically; the only addition was the KTM quick release fuel cap. I've had essentially the same cap on two other bikes with no such impact.

Maybe I just need to ride it more? There was a fair amount of idle time between fills. Vapor loss?

Strange. Suggestions?

john13

Country flag
Riding style changes it too. I don't really notice while i'm on it but sometimes i guess i'm more on it thats usual. The fuel light will come on after 90 miles as opposed to 110 like i expect. Haven't though much of it as I'm still only putting in 1.8-2 gal max. Tank is so small its hard to calculate. Plus sometimes i forget to zero my trip for a mile which throws it off too.

Treachery

Country flag
Yeah, I usually ride in a "spirited" fashion, so the recent rides are no exception. Getting sub-100 before the fuel warning is unusual.