New Owner from Los Angeles

jakethesnake

Country flag
Hi all,

Just traded in my first bike (a Husqvarna Vitpilen 401) for a 2022 RC 390. Super excited to start riding the canyons with this thing! 😁

-Jake

Attachments

• RC390 Smaller Image.jpg
    RC390 Smaller Image.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 5

Karfanatik

Country flag
Isn't this a bit of a lateral move? You got pretty much the same motor. I would also argue that the aids on the new bike are not exactly needed for 44hp. TFT screen and suspension is pretty nice though. Not hating though, just curious why the sideways upgrade

jakethesnake

Country flag
Isn't this a bit of a lateral move? You got pretty much the same motor. I would also argue that the aids on the new bike are not exactly needed for 44hp. TFT screen and suspension is pretty nice though. Not hating though, just curious why the sideways upgrade
You're not wrong! Couple of reasons - first, I'm still fairly new to riding, and wanted to stick with something that I wouldn't be heartbroken over dropping during low-speed drills. Second, I mainly ride in the canyons and noticed that with the 401, I didn't feel as comfortable hanging off the bike as I would with more supersport oriented ergos. Just wanted a bike that made more sense to grow with over time.

randycastell

Country flag
Happy for you! Vitpilin is IMHO unnatractive, standard in ergos. RC390 is attractive and has sporting ergos. Lower the clip-on and go. The traction control is quite good when winter riding in wet and slick conditions. Nor Cal canyon and ridge roads have sand and gravel after hard rains the traction contol is very helpful.