New to the forums

Storz

Howdy.

Stumbled across the RC390 while researching bikes and instantly fell in love, I've always been attracted to smaller displacement bikes with an emphasis on handling unfortunately it seems like most of the great stuff was never available in the US.

A little history, my first bike was an SV650 that I bought new in 2004. I rode the hell out of it for a about 2 years, and ended up modifying it quite a bit to suit me better with clip ons, bodywork etc etc.

side-small.jpg

side-small-1.jpg

brights-small.jpg

All was good until I did a supermoto track day with some friends...I was hooked and traded in the SV for a DRZ400-SM

auto-city-6-25-06-001-(300)small.jpg

Fast forward from 2007 until now and I haven't touched a bike in almost 8 years, and the desire to ride again is burning more than ever. I love the idea of a "super single" and it sort of seems like that is what KTM has produced with the RC-390.

My fear however is this...I ain't the lightest guy on the planet anymore about 210lbs...I realize suspension can be upgraded, but will my heft leaving me wanting more from the RC? Its "only" 20hp less than the SV and that never seemed slow or underpowered to me, nor did the DRZ which dynoed like 25hp.

Any other "heavier" riders out there rocking a 390?