### OTD Prices ###

reenmachine

Country flag
Holy Crap!!! Sorry guys $7056.00 was my number not $6056. I put $1000 down. Wasn't thinking about that when I posted!!! Proof positive I can't multtask!!!
Sorry, for the error!!!
Ha! I was initially going to say it sounded like you were a grand off! That's a pretty realistic-sounding number for SoCal. Still better than what I was told, but I'll work on it.

Wa2fst

Country flag
$5499! Grace Performance Michigan. I bought a 1290 from Championship Powersports in Ohio last summer and negotiated not paying freight or setup. So i asked for the same deal at Grace and got it. But Im also an Alaskan resident so no sales tax and I did not title or register the bike since its going on the track.

btw i threw a huge fit about freight and setup.. years ago mechanics had to install the front wheel and pull the clip on around and charge the battery and add fluids and for whatever reason take half a day to do it now i assume they just add fluid. I think mine was ready for me in like an hour. No way I was paying $850 for that.

also you can tell them to leave it in the crate and them not title it and you do all the uncrating and paperwork. I bought my MV and uncrated on a tilt bed trailer since I didnt have a way to forklift it off once I got it on and rolled it right in my garage and serviced it up! Most bikes have sealed batteries meaning they dont require an initial charge.

RobbiRob76

I was Honda Dealer for 10 years for liability reasons, they cannot leave a bike in the crate... Maybe KTM is different, but Honda has a Safety Check Sheet, he must present to seller at time of purchase, and seller and buyer must sign off on. We were audited by my Honda service rep regularly asking me to pull Check Sheets on random VINS

Fasteddy

Country flag
I remember having to do setups back in the early 80's, You did not want to be the lucky guy that got to do the crate with Honda passport 110's! 2 to a crate and yes it took more then a day, same with the big red three wheeler. On the other hand a Magna was about an hour and a half, and Kawasaki's were all pretty quick, and to assemble too ;^)

I have bought bikes in the crate but that was back in the day, I asked when I got the RC knowing what the "Test FLOGGING" would be like, but that was a no go...

Before I touched it it had 6.6 miles and grease pumped out of the top steering head bearing, wonder what would cause that??? forget the silly break in stuff...

Wa2fst

Country flag
Guess it just comes down to dealer and the brand. I didnt buy this one in a crate but i made sure i made it clear you charge me for those things i will just buy some where else. And i reminded them i was coming to grab it immediately and would be their fastest sale in history i just wanted to see it in person and sit on it to make sure it didnt feel like the honda or R3

Guyhowdy

I was quoted $7800-$7900 from Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach...what a joke. But it was "their last one!" And "several other people already have a deposit on that bike." I live right down the street from Beverly Hills Ducati aka KTM Los Angeles and read another forum member who said $7400 from them.

I went online and requested quotes from basically all of the SoCal dealers that listed they had the RC 390 in stock. Palm Springs Motorsports had replied very quickly in the morning to the OTD quote I requested online the night before. Salesman said $6200, actually $6186.87 to be exact. I was planning to take a day off work and rent a car to drive to Palm Springs to ride the bike back. I asked if they by chance delivered to the Los Angeles area and they do for $100. This is in the back of one of the giant Mercedes Sprinters with air conditioning...not on the back of a pickup like I had a Ducati delivered in the past.

So I called them Saturday 6/13/15 and told them I wanted to purchase it with the $100 delivery. Out the door it came out to $6169.87, $6269.87 with the $100 delivery to West Hollywood because the guy Rocky ringing me up over the phone mentioned the sales guy over-quoted me $15. If that's not honesty in the middle of a transaction, I don't know what is. This was at 3pm...4 hours later at 7pm the owner Lee arived to personally deliver the bike to me. This was seriously the best and easiest purchase ever, I didn't have to deal with skeezy salesman trying to burn a hole in my pocket or anything like that. The owner Lee even informed me he sold a Yamaha R1M last week at MSRP when he knows other SoCal dealers are selling this very limited bike $4-$7k over MSRP.

I basically joined this forum A) to be part of the RC 390 community, but also B) to steer people looking to purchase this bike who live in Los Angeles like I do and not pay over $7k like I thought I was going to have to. Much better to get a great quote from a dealer 100 miles away and pay $100 for delievery. I'm all about supporting my local bike shop, but not when their overhead is so high and they're ripping you off. Seriously can't believe Del Amo quoted me $1,600 more than I paid....

A1VW2NV

Country flag
I was quoted $7800-$7900 from Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach...what a joke. But it was "their last one!" And "several other people already have a deposit on that bike." I live right down the street from Beverly Hills Ducati aka KTM Los Angeles and read another forum member who said $7400 from them.

I went online and requested quotes from basically all of the SoCal dealers that listed they had the RC 390 in stock. Palm Springs Motorsports had replied very quickly in the morning to the OTD quote I requested online the night before. Salesman said $6200, actually $6186.87 to be exact. I was planning to take a day off work and rent a car to drive to Palm Springs to ride the bike back. I asked if they by chance delivered to the Los Angeles area and they do for $100. This is in the back of one of the giant Mercedes Sprinters with air conditioning...not on the back of a pickup like I had a Ducati delivered in the past.

So I called them Saturday 6/13/15 and told them I wanted to purchase it with the $100 delivery. Out the door it came out to $6169.87, $6269.87 with the $100 delivery to West Hollywood because the guy Rocky ringing me up over the phone mentioned the sales guy over-quoted me $15. If that's not honesty in the middle of a transaction, I don't know what is. This was at 3pm...4 hours later at 7pm the owner Lee arived to personally deliver the bike to me. This was seriously the best and easiest purchase ever, I didn't have to deal with skeezy salesman trying to burn a hole in my pocket or anything like that. The owner Lee even informed me he sold a Yamaha R1M last week at MSRP when he knows other SoCal dealers are selling this very limited bike $4-$7k over MSRP.

I basically joined this forum A) to be part of the RC 390 community, but also B) to steer people looking to purchase this bike who live in Los Angeles like I do and not pay over $7k like I thought I was going to have to. Much better to get a great quote from a dealer 100 miles away and pay $100 for delievery. I'm all about supporting my local bike shop, but not when their overhead is so high and they're ripping you off. Seriously can't believe Del Amo quoted me $1,600 more than I paid....

Welcome! That is AMAZING customer service! And we all know how much word of mouth can affect a business. That dealer/owner is a very smart man.

Arahant

Country flag
I paid roughly 7,400$ out the door, wasn't a quote just what it came out to. However that is canadian dollars, converted that comes out to exactly 6k USD. They quoted me base price on the bike as like 5999... then once I agreed to buy it THEN they tell me there's crate and this and that fee... honestly I felt abit gyyped, although I still thought it was an ok price for the bike.

Now I don't feel so bad.

JKBC

........Price of Vehicle: $5,999.00
........................Freight: 450.00 (Vancouver Island, BC)
..............................PDI: 450.00 (pre-delivery inspection)
....Total Vehicle Price: $6,849.00
plus..................Tire Levy: 10.00
...Documentation Service:189.00
.............................PST: 492.66 (Provincial Sales Tax)
.............................GST: 352.40 (Goods & Services Tax)
................ODT Total: $7,893.06
That's all in Canadian dollars and today that $7,893.06 is $6,407.04 in US dollars
I also was offered extended warranty which is from/by KTM for about $1,400.00 more which I declined. Anybody go for that?
Although these bikes are assembled in India I imagine in Canada and the USA they are bought from Austria and paid for in Euros so although the CDN dollar has taken a big hit against the US dollar the past 6 months the Euro has been doing worse which helped us have a similar cost. Out east in Quebec and Ontario you probably paid a few hundred less for freight?

Last edited:

kings4thecup

HAHA! literally the same identical story with Del Amo...literally yesterday also...too weird. Now they deserve to have a bad review written on them since they want to rape consumers.

hopefully palm springs has still one left in stock....im going to follow your idea.

typhon

Was quoted: $7122.42 OTD from New Orleans Powersports

bike: $5499
dealer import fee: $900
sales tax: $559.92
documentation: 163.50

ToraTora

Country flag
"Dealer Import Fee" is thievery.

I totally agree. Saturday when I go to the KTM day I'm going to ask the reps what they think about all these fees. Since it will be at Motion Pro, and not actually at a dealership I'm more likely to get a straight answer. But I don't expect one. :p

To me it's like when Honda sent over their first super car to be sold in the States. The retail price on the NSX was something like $60K, but the dealers were marking them up to over $120K because they could get it. It wasn't long before Honda said fuck this and changed the retail price. Why let the dealers get all the money? Greedy Bastard Syndrome. KTM is going to see that the public is willing to pay $8K for this bike, and in all likelihood raise the price. That will really suck, and it's mostly the fault of the greedy dealers. Of course some blame has to be laid at the foot of those willing to pay that kind of money for these bikes.