Password reset?

dobr

Anyone else get an email that an Admin had reset their password? This is the second forum that sent me an email today.

Treachery

Country flag
Not from this forum. Got one from VWVortex that turned out real, one from another board that appears to be bogus. PM Admin if you want to know for sure.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
The vwvortex password reset is legit. I also got one for this forum this am. Both forums are part of vBulletin, so I'll assume this reset is also legit.

Treachery

Country flag
Yeah, I just got the same prompt from the XTerra forum.

Nothing from here yet.

10 digits? How does anybody remember 10digits with capitalization, number and a symbol? I'll have to use profanity.

ASM

Vertical Scope (who is a volume forum maintainer) has been hacked and about 45 million accounts have been comprised...funny thing is that increasing the password complexity doesn't really help if you are storing the data in the wrong way on the backend (which is the assumed to have been the issue in this case)...

Seth

Country flag
Wow, I was on VWVORTEX back it the day. The day they changed their awesome layout and went to Vbultion I bailed and sold the Jetta lll 2.slow with full mods. I don't really miss that car as it always seemed to break as time went on. I sold it with 144k. Yeah, that was back in the day.

F1Tod

The 390Duke site just sent me the password reset e-mail. Still can't get on, tried 5 times and now have to wait.