Piggyback ECUs for 2017+ models

fmaranhao

Hi,
I have been looking around in this forum but I couldn’t find a single post with all the available Piggyback ECUs for the 2017+ model and their “pros” / “cons”.

This is what I gathered so far:
1) PowerCommander V: Auto Tune and Quickshifter available. Not many maps online.
2) PowerTRONIC: No Auto Tune, but has Quickshifter. Also not many maps online.
3) Bazzaz: No module for 2017+.
4) Rapid Bike Easy: No Auto Tune nor Quickshifter. Only works on Closed Loop.
5) Rapid Bike Evo/Race: Auto Tune off the stock O2 sensor. Quickshifter available and Race module has more advanced features. No maps needed as it “learns” on th go.

Did I miss any or got anything wrong?

Cheers, Fred.

rocksarntpeople

I have the RB Evo in my 2016, and as both myself and others have said, its basically the best of all worlds. If the 2017+ version is anything like mine, for $400 I think it was, it was a no brainer. Literally set it and forget it and gives you the one feature that everyone else charges for included with the unit, the autotune.

Personally, I do not consider Bazzaz or RapidBike because it's only about fueling and no possible action on ignition timing.
(I don't say they are bad product or that they could not be enough for most applications)

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Personally, I do not consider Bazzaz or RapidBike because it's only about fueling and no possible action on ignition timing.
(I don't say they are bad product or that they could not be enough for most applications)
Then get the rapid bike racing for ignition control

John390

while I love the Rapidbike Evo, I have to say there are a couple of things I don't like.

firstly, they are slow to respond to contacts, and when they do they say only enough to barely answer the questions. Usually not all of the questions either. its hard to get any information out of them at all. And I am asking the right questions and in a nice manner too.

And secondly, more annoyingly, the Italian parent site and the Canadian site both clearly state that the Evo will change the rev limiter on all of its bikes. When there are features that are not available on a certain model its clearly stated as so. The US site does't cleary state that it works on the KTM390 bikes, but they also do not say that it doesn't work, and in the features list it states that the Evo will change the rev limiter with no bike specific exclusions.

However, once you buy one and install it, and then ask how to raise the limit, you are told that you have to send it to them to have the limiter raised. Then the next day you are send another email saying that they can't actually do that on the '17+ bikes.

And when you point out that it clearly states that it will change the rev limiter in the features, you are told its not really like that and its a problem with the website. Basically, "so sorry, too bad" kinda thing.

The info was as I state it here before I bought the part, and after I first received the part as I was looking for info on installs and software use. The info still shows it to be the case as of 1 min of this posting. I just checked again.

So, if you want to raise the rev limit on an Evo for a 17+ KTM 390, you are out of luck. If you want help setting it up or help on the software, you are basically on your own, or with the help of someone on here, or a pro at another shop.

That said, besides those things, its an excellent product so far and made my bike ride so much better. More power, more torque, smoother in lower rev ranges, better fuel economy, nicer sound.