pull gas tank question

mdabyo

Country flag
Hey guys, is the tank vacuum sealed? i.e. if i pull the hoses will the gas leak? i am used to my R6 where it had a quick disconnect and no gas (well very little) would come out when i took it off. I hate that the RC does not have any quick disconnects down there given its "race ready" tag. So far i have just been moving it to the side when i work on it / do valves, but that is a pain and i have almost dropped the damn thing 1/2 a dozen times.

Any tips anyone has for taking the tank off would be great!

let me know!

Thanks!

-J

If you remove the gas line between the filter and the injector, it will leak but only a small bit. The vent lines won't leak. If you take the hoses off between the tank and the fuel filter, it will get un-fun. I usually leave the filter and hoses attached to the tank and rest the entire thing on a bucket. If you leak, it gets in the bucket and you don't have to take the fuel filter part off the tank.

mdabyo

Country flag
perfect. thanks. i was worried it would just run out so i have never taken the damn thing off. I will pull the damn thing tomorrow to get it out of my way. Time for valves as usual.