Quick throttle

Treachery

Country flag
DC-fill us in on the difference. I have a G2 "Throttle Tamer" on my FJR, and it works well, but I expect the purpose of the two are different.

DCMoney

Country flag
DC-fill us in on the difference. I have a G2 "Throttle Tamer" on my FJR, and it works well, but I expect the purpose of the two are different.

Difference is night and day, G2 is a drop in throttle with a larger than stock cam. The Motion Pro Revolver Kit is an entire system, new throttle cables, housing, multiple cams.

Revolver Throttle Kits | Motion Pro

I did not know they made a quick throttle for a Ninja 250. I can't find it on their website.

Emailed to confirm it fits the ninja 250,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Subject: RE: Website Contact Form G2 Ergonomics
To: DC

Hi DC

Yes, we do, but I have no idea what the actual reduction is. All I can say is what we have is as big as will fit in your stock housing. Here is our part number 40-100Y-136.

Thanks,
Gary

Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:55 AM
To: Gary Gibbs
Subject: Re: Website Contact Form G2 Ergonomics

Can you tell me how much decrease in rotation to wide open throttle there is? This is the first I have heard of an aftermarket throttle that fits the Ninja 250 housing.

Thanks,

DC

Treachery

Country flag
I don't know what the Revolver kit is; I was wondering why you thought the G2 quick throttle was rubbish.

DCMoney

Country flag
I don't know what the Revolver kit is; I was wondering why you thought the G2 quick throttle was rubbish.

Revolver Throttle Kits | Motion Pro

Ok, on the ninja 250 the housing was not meant to be gutted like the G2 Quick Turn required to achieve the quick turn it was advertised as, nor do I think it could have ever functioned properly like I was told it would. Even after gutting the routing of the cables made it bind up on itself, this is why when I ran it I did with only 1 throttle cable, no return cable.

For the price you're better off getting a revolver kit or something similar and not just a drop in throttle,

If your housing doesn't have the room in the housing you could probably get away with a drop in. On my D675 it was easy to drop in a 1050 throttle and get a quicker throw because that housing is separate and not a whole assembly with starter/kill switch.

The motion pro comes with a proper housing and cable lengths designed to be able to use a varying size of cams to give you the exact quickness you want.

When I'm racing I hate having to reposition my hand while going WOT on the smaller bike its a must to be able to quickly get to WOT.

Treachery

Country flag
Strange that they'd build something that's supposed to be a simple answer, but that requires butchery for the install. I guess there's only so much room in the throttle housing.

dhaval

Country flag
I have fabricated my own quick throttle cam from polyacetal material which snap fits on the Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS throttle tube.
They are installed on my KTM Duke 200 and 390.
It gives about 18% reduction throttle travel. This was the maximum possible with stock housing.
2014-01-15 14.32.54.jpg2014-03-23 19.40.59-1.jpg

TZMike

why not just use the quick throttle from the Cup bike? It is basically an RC8 throttle assy. pn 69002010200. Found one from a quick search on-line for $76. Botls right on and works great...

TZMike

17060710738_9e8f75d660_b.jpg

17041055627_556cef0869_o.jpg

Attachments

• 17041055627_88b72d9a27_b.jpg
    17041055627_88b72d9a27_b.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 657

=maz=

Country flag
why not just use the quick throttle from the Cup bike? It is basically an RC8 throttle assy. pn 69002010200. Found one from a quick search on-line for $76. Botls right on and works great...

TZMike

17060710738_9e8f75d660_b.jpg

View attachment 1212
Not only is it not much faster than stock as far as throttle action goes...it doesn't fit week in the stock housing and is prone to clicking part the closed-stop and leaving you with a dead throttle...also pretty bloody expensive and not easy to find.
In hind-sight I should have used that money better as they are a pretty poor option.

bkruk

exact same experience with the cup throttle....the quick throttle is much better and just drops in without modding and being metal it won't wear and slip over where it shouldn't like the cup did for me. Very simple mod that is well worth the time and money

Coopdeville

The Motion Pro is your best choice.We have them on our RC8R and 390. Very well made and super smooth. Comes with everything you need including multiple cams.

Switch Pod

Are any of our site sponsors interesed in bringing this Japanese made switch pod into north america? Put me down for one if you do. TX Parillaguy