RC390 Mirror tighten

Abhi4yuh

Can please tell me how to tighten my RC 390 mirror? It is rotating round and round, and are very loosened.

Izu

yes there's a screw on the underside which holds on to the mirror. If you tighten that it will get the job done. You might have to remove the mirror stalk from the windshield of the bike to do this. There have been couple different designs, (depending on model and region).

Its kind of hard to explain without a picture, but you should find it quite easily.

John390

I just did this. Had enough. Right one wouldn't adjust far enough one way. Left one was sloppy. At highway speed it would move a bit.

So, on the '18 model(assuming the '17 will be the same) there is a little oddly shaped cover on the front side of the mirror stalk. There is a small Torx head screw clearly visible on the back side that is easily seen from the riding position. Remove these screws, and remove the little covers. Hold the little plastic cover with your other hand or it will fall on the ground once you take the screw out. That screw is all that holds the cover on.

Next, using an 8mm socket and a 1/4" drive ratchet, loosen or tighten the bolt holding the mirror in. It took quite a bit of turning on my left one to get it where it needs to be.

Get your mirrors pretty much set where you like them as they will now be more difficult to move.

reinstall the covers.

Smile and enjoy