stopped running!

watchmaker

first time this year I've been able to get out on my bike....when running down to get new gas while cruzing along at 35 mph it stopped running, like someone hit kill switch!....pulled over and after a minute, it fired back up...got some gas and took off for a short spin, not feeling like I trust it after that little issue, I desided not to go to far......and low an behold about 10 minutes into my ride, it did it again!....took about same time to get it to start, but it did start....once running it runs great!.....deside I had better head for home before my luck runs out, and a little over a mile from home it did it a 3rd time....this time it would not start!....cranks over good, but does not sound like its getting any spark?...anyone else had this happen?.....just glad I wasnt ripping through a corner when it did this, would have been high sided!...thoughts?....had valves done about 400 miles ago...they all needed shims and it idles smooth now since then(when it runs!)....runs cool with the engine ice in it as well as SPAL fan....bad coil maybe?...ECU?

shreeshar7

I had a very similar issue on the day I got my bike..
It ended up as a bad pickup coil.. It would ground once engine heated up..

watchmaker

its venting correctly....plus wasnt very warm day....and now after a few days, it still wont start....just cranks over and no spark!?

shreeshar7

its venting correctly....plus wasnt very warm day....and now after a few days, it still wont start....just cranks over and no spark!?

Crank it over a few times. Smell the exhaust.. If it smells like petrol. Then its the spark.

Try replugging the plug adapter and also the coupler that goes to the HT coil.

Maddog Reynolds

Does the fuel pump run for a second when you turn thebjgnition on?

Is there any other change from normal behaviour, aparr from the obvious not starting?

watchmaker

fuel pump is working....

cranked it over a few times...and not really smelling fuel out the tail pipe....

bad injector maybe?

watchmaker

well.....desided to look into it yesterday.....checking things out....cam timing is spot on, has good spark.....had a lot of pressure in fuel line, but does not seem to want to bleed off!?....clogged fuel injector maybe?...filter looked good too....maybe got a bit of dirt in the line when I was working on other things and then just clogged it up after the few hundred miles of running?....anyone have a spare injector I could try?