This Makes it stop

motoputz

Country flag
This 310mm Cast Iron rotor makes the front brake work like a proper sports bike. Two finger squeeze of the lever delivers rapid deceleration with excellent feel. It is made by Braketech. I do not think it is on their web site yet. If you call them you can order it and the pads that go with it.

BRAKETECH 951 471 3476

Attachments

• BRAKETECH.jpg
    BRAKETECH.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 432

Diploman

I have cast iron rotors on my vintage Moto Guzzi's, and they work very well. I did not know anyone was making them today. The downside to cast iron is that the rotors rust profusely after wetting. This is inconsequential, as the next application of the brakes cleans them quickly. But it puts some people off, and this is the reason almost all modern rotors are made from stainless steel. Cast Iron also has a higher coefficient of friction than SS, which makes it ideal for brake rotors. Less lever effort required. However, Cast iron is softer than SS, and the rotors wear faster than stainless when used with HH sintered metal pads. Nice to see a brake vendor bucking the trend. Cast Iron rotors are very nice, very effective, but just a bit fragile.

motoputz

Country flag
most sports bikes do not last long enough to wear out cast iron rotors. The set I had on my Multistrada had 30,000 miles on them and they were still well above the minimum thickness.

ASM

How long do sport bikes last? I have had several with over 30,000 miles on the clock.

There is no technical limit. People always say that sport bikes won't last based on the way they are ridden or manufactured etc. but in my view, most sport bikes are swapped with a newer one long before hey "stop working". As with anything else mechanical, if properly maintained, they'll last a long time...

Csorin

Is that the same size as the stock rotor? I have to stay within stock size for super sport rules. I've changed to more aggressive pads but would like to get a bit more power.