Top speed

rudra2k14

1week ago i have noticed that i have got top speed of 150kmph with pillion on my RC390. It should do atleast 172kmph.

My weight - 66kgs

Pillion weight - 69kgs

ANY SOLUTION PLEASE HELP :)

micah360

I weigh 150lbs and have gotten mine to 107mph.

You had 300lbs on it and reached 93mph... that's a decent load on this little bike. 93mph with that load sounds about right to me.

Ryanthegreat1

With full gear I am about 195lbs with full gear on and have no problem hitting the rev limiter at 110mph in 6th on an all stock bike.

Are you tucking down on behind the windscreen? Aerodynamics play a large part in getting to the top speed.

When I run a tail bag for over night trips I can only get to about 103mph.

psych0hans

Country flag
I've hit about 100mph/165kmph on a straight. I weigh 76kgs without gear and I was tucked in behind the screen. Could have gone faster, but didn't want to risk it with a lot of cars around me.

MotoKam

I'm 230 pounds out of the shower. Add a tank bag full of work junk, clothes (if I must), and riding gear and I can still hit the rev limiter in 6th (indicated 111 MPH / 178 KPH) on an all stock bike.

That can't be too far away from rudra2K14 's initial scenario.

big_sur 's GPS derived 105 MPH is likely what I'm actually doing. That's still scooting along for 40 odd HP.

I'm guessing that you might check your air filter. You might also pull the plug and see if it's fouled at all. That could yield a clue as to your power loss.

Fasteddy

Country flag
108 MPH measured via radar / 111 indicated ( 3mph high at all speeds), evening cool dense air about 63 degrees F, no wind, full tuck slight down grade road, 220 #'s ...