Tyre Warmers?

unicorn_violence

question on warmers. i have been looking at possibly getting some European warmers for the RC, however, most of the warmers have EU or UK plugs. has anyone used these plugs with a US adapter, or vice versa? i don't know if that's possible due to different voltages between the three. also feel free if you have suggestions on warmers. i have looked at woodcraft and chicken hawk but holy moly they are pricey!

tecknojoe

Country flag
I have a set of Woodcraft warmers for my R6. I use the front from that set on the rear of my 390, and I bought a chicken hawk for just the front tire. It's important to have a warmer that fits correctly so it doesn't burn up on the tire.

Most european outlets run 240v, and usa usually runs 120v. I wouldn't mess with trying to use a euro warmer because it could bite you in the end due to incompatibility with wherever you're plugging in.

I have a set of Cap-it brand warmers. Digital controlled and made in Italy. There is a US importer who sell them (TAW). They aren't as cheap as US made versions, but great quality. Just go for ones made for a 125 GP two stroke racer as they will be a good fit. Parillaguy

hydroz1

I got my tire warmers from an old SV650 site that sells tire warmers for ninja 250s.

Here's the site: SV Racing Parts | Page not found

Hopefully this helps out since they aren't that expensive and they work great.

I personally bring my infrared temp gun with me to monitor my tire and wheel temps. I usually leave my warmers on for the riders meeting (which may last 30 min to an hour) then check the temp after.

Good luck.

V