Vizi-Tec SupaBrake tail light modulator

CDN Duke

Country flag
Vizi-Tec SupaBrake tail light modulator - COUPON CODE

I've had a brake light modulator on our Buell Blast and wanted something similar for our Duke 390. I feel they increase safety and in particular, should help reduce chance of being rear-ended. DId some research and came across Vizi-Tec - they appear to have a great reputation with a sophisticated product which has some advanced software logic that make theirs stand apart, and the product is guaranteed for 10 years. They offer plug and play units that have the connectors appropriate for the specific make/model of motorcycle. [FONT=&amp]Vizi-Tec has SupaBrake models for both the Duke 390 (and Duke 200) as well the RC390. [/FONT]I reached out to Bernard at Vizi-Tec to enquire about possibility of a group buy and he responded with a coupon code good for 20% off. It can be used store wide. They also offer exhaust servo eliminators and LED bulbs for those who may be interested in those products too.

The coupon code is ANDREW20X7

It is limited to 7 times use in total. We've used one up on the Duke 390 forum already. http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/foru...s/34050-vizi-tec-supabrake-discount-code.html

Post up if you use the coupon so we can keep track please.

I'll be ordering some of the [FONT=&amp]BAU15S LED bulbs for my turn signals and a SupaBrake II for the taillight. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]They also have a SupaBrake III, but it's overkill for what I want. The 9 modes supported on the SupaBrake II will be sufficient for me. The SupaBrake III allows full programmability with up to 108k different modes...

There's a review for the SupaBrake III on an RC390 from user Yannis, not sure if he's on the forum here?

"[/FONT]
SB3 install on KTM RC390
IcoRating5.gif
[FONT=&amp]Posted by Yannis on 19th Jul 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Amazing safety device that can literally save ones life. I used a different type of flasher in the past for my K1200RS and liked the functionality, but always wanted to have the ability to tweak the pattern. The SB3 gives me that ability and much more.

The SB3 feels well made, with quality components and sealed from dust and humidity. The installation is a two minute plug and play. The SB3 is tiny and sturdy making it easy to tuck under the pillion seat and zip tie it in place. Its impossible to install it the wrong way.

The unit comes with a good stock profile that will probably suit most users. I wanted to explore other profiles and create my own by modifying the variables. With a tiny bit of patience to cycle through the verification flashes of the rear brake light, I programmed and re-programmed it until I ended up with a profile that I liked, <5.10.2.3.3.1>, if anyone is curious.

The manual makes it sound somewhat more complicated than it is, but in essence its about counting blinks and holding/releasing/holding the brake lever. You can't go wrong playing with combinations and if you don't like the result, it can be changed in less than a minute.

PS: If you don't care about customizing the flashing profile, the SB2 or the SB3 do about the same. I personally like the SB3 flexibility and I will soon be ordering more for my other bikes."

4_2000px__39730.1451712189.1280.1280.jpg[/FONT]

Last edited:

CDN Duke

Country flag
Here's a video review from install on a CBR600, showing install and programming:

[video=youtube;q1cA_BsvGEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1cA_BsvGEM[/video]

CDN Duke

Country flag
Just realized I neglected to include a link to the Vizible Technologies website! Vizible Technologies | vizi-tec

SupaBrake modulators: The best motorcycle brake light modulators on the market today! | vizi-tec

Hadn't considered one for the RC, but this vendor has a good rep over on the FJR forum.

For me, it's definitely a safety thing. I want the brake light to stand out, not to point it's annoying, but that it grabs driver's attention. The logic built into the circuitry on the SupaBrake modulators has a backoff algorithm to manage the flash on repeated cycling that you might see in stop and go traffic.

I've just ordered a SupaBrake II and [FONT=&amp]BAU15S [/FONT]LED bulbs for the turn signals.
SupaBrake-II motorcycle tail light modulators | vizi-tec
7507 LED Bulb - 27 x 5050 SMD - small LED Tower - VIZI-TEC

D

Deleted member 452

Just hooked it up and it works perfectly :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 452

Let us know what you think of the LED turn signal lamps. Any issue with fast flashing?

I already have LED turn signals and use an aftermarket adjustable flasher to make them blink appropriately.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Received my SupaBrake II and bulbs the other day, unfortunately bike is still parked at the dealer. Fortunately it's nowhere close to riding weather here currently, -15° C forecasted tomorrow...

Note RC390 version comes with different connector, Duke version pictured.

IMG_20170106_001650-1432x1086.jpg

CDN Duke

Country flag
Got my bike back from the dealer, before putting it in storage, did some work to it (lowered front end, 320mm Galfer rotor) including installing the SupaBrake module.

Pulled out the fuse block to access the rear brake wiring, unplugged the connector and then plugged the SupaBrake inline. Very easy to install, basically 2-3 mins :)

cdn+duke-albums-cdn+duke+forum+photos-picture5857-img-20170122-101950.png

Couple videos of the brake light in action - I'm running profile #2 which is a more aggressive mode in that it flashes more times and at a higher flash rate than some of the other 8 modes, 9 in total, plus 'disabled'.

first vid shows initial flash, then subsequent braking very shortly thereafter doesn't trigger flash mode

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byh0WlHUHG8bSXF1VjVYUDR6ajA

After short delay, another application of brake will flash again, but not as many time as first one - it's designed to be less annoying so if you're in traffic and continually hitting brake within short period of time, it won't trigger flash again. But after increasing intervals, it will start to flash again, but still not full flash as original, until more than X minutes have elapsed from original trigger.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byh0WlHUHG8bYVVId0RHMGFIYkk

hello

I'm looking fir the 3 ways connector of the rear light.
My goal is to replace this light without cutting any wire.
Thanks

D

Deleted member 452

This unit was plug & play for Dukes so it should fit the RC's if your connectors look like the one's in CDN Duke's pictures.

CDN Duke

Country flag
This unit was plug & play for Dukes so it should fit the RC's if your connectors look like the one's in CDN Duke's pictures.

ViziTec actually has the RC390 specific connector - apparently not the same, but it's readily available, just pick the correct model when going through checkout process.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Bernard at Vizi-Tec reset the discount code for up to 8 more uses through end of June. Code had expired. Keep in mind it's good for anything site-wide:

ANDREW20X7

Post up if you use it please, just for reference.

cheers
Andrew