Wandering eyes...

Treachery

Country flag
Forgive me, my brethren and sisteren...I haven't exactly strayed, but...

Winter's a bear. Having developed the covets for the RC390 some months ago, but having it be still a ways in the future, AND having too many grey, soggy days on my hands AND remembering bikes gone by, AND having a day off, AND Cycle Trader being so close at hand...

I found myself casting my eyes upon other bikes. Specifically a nice CBR600RR at a shop not too far away. Pristine condition, low miles, no serious molestation. Arrgh. Fortunately, I'm a thorough shopper, and read a review (or three): It appears the RR suffers from Honda disease: Capable, refined,...and boring.

So, now capable, lightweight, inexpensive to buy, insure, and ride, ridiculously fun and Orange is sounding perfect again!

Can I get an amen?

guzz46

Amen! every man and his dog has a 600cc or above sportsbike, I like having something a bit different, I did a track day today, I was in the A group where nearly everyone had a 600cc and above sportsbike, I was the only RC390 out there (and the track wasn't exactly small bike friendly) so of course I got smoked down the straights, but making that time up in the corners, diving up the inside, or riding around the outside was huge fun, and I got quite a few comments on the RC throughout the day, like gee that bike goes well, and it looks so light and nimble in the corners.
But of course I couldn't keep up with those guys on big bikes who were at a similar riding level as me, but that's to be expected.

The bike is a real blast to ride, I'll post some videos of the track day later on, unfortunately there was a big sticker on my windscreen that I didn't realize was right in front of my camera until I got home, so only about half the tracks visible, which was a bummer.

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
I'll look forward to the vids. Like several others here, I had a Daytona 675. I went for that bike in 2006 because it was different. The 600 supersport wars were raging then, but the Daytona was not only different but superior in many ways. Other than trackdays (and commonly 675.net organized ones) and Euro-bike GTGs, I never saw another one on the road.

Found the vids.

motoarch

Sorry no loyalty here. Ride them all! Whatever you like.

On that note I want the new triumph street tracker when they are released and want to trade in my current brutale for an 800 at some point.

B7ACKTHORN

Country flag
Forgive me, my brethren and sisteren...I haven't exactly strayed, but...

Winter's a bear. Having developed the c...Honda disease: Capable, refined,...and boring.

So, now capable, lightweight, inexpensive to buy, insure, and ride, ridiculously fun and Orange is sounding perfect again!

Can I get an amen?

No amen! :) I mean, after the Duke cure, trust me you'd love the Honda disease. It's just a wait and watch game, you'll know it soon. But second motoarch here, no sentiments, just go on.. blaze it on fire.

....later on, unfortunately there was a big sticker on my windscreen that I didn't realize was right in front of my camera until I got home, so only about half the tracks visible, which was a bummer.

Nice videos there, Guzz. Though the bummer is accepted, I think, overall it's a job well done. Good stuff.

Cheers!
V

VAG944

This, seriously! Every time I think about the fact that I have to sell my 675R my stomach gets all twisted up :(

What year? I may be interested, if I end up having a long commute I'll be wanting a 675 as I don't think I'll like the RC390 for highway hauls.

guzz46

What year? I may be interested, if I end up having a long commute I'll be wanting a 675 as I don't think I'll like the RC390 for highway hauls.

You might be surprised, the riding position is quite roomy, I'm 5'10 and find it really comfortable, my brothers 6'1 and he said he didn't feel cramped on it at all, it also cruises along at 70mph really easily at about 6500RPM, the fairing does a good job deflecting wind too.

Treachery

Country flag
Revisiting the cabin fever-induced wandering...We're forecast for mid 50s and dry for Saturday and Sunday. I figured "what the heck, I'll wander over and snag a test ride on that (2000 mile) CBR600. Yeah, what harm can that cause?" Pinged my buddy the finance manager...They took a deposit on it and expect to deliver it next Tuesday.

So am I happy, or sad? An orange-hued omen?