2016 Rc390

fs1ephil

LOL there's always one, No i'm saying, why has the dry weight of the bike now been removed from the advertising for the 2016 model. Is it because of the extra bits they have added etc. It was a question for a bit of fun :/
The selling point of this bike was that it had the best power to weight of all the lower capacity bikes here in the UK and probably in the States, which to many made it very desirable compared to say the lower powered heavier Yamaha R3

But any way my question was has any one else noticed the weight has been removed from advertising. Why did you feel you had to make that comment? :/ are we all not allowed an opinion.

Last edited:

ArkansasDave

The only question mark in your two posts is asking me why I felt the need to post my comment so I'm a little confused what you're question was. I felt the need to make that comment because you are making a bunch of baseless accusations based on the fact that they haven't posted a weight on their website yet. Do you even know the combine weight of throttle by wire, slipper clutch, larger rotor and exhaust weigh? Or just assuming it's going to be massively heavier?

I'm also unsure what opinion I'm not allowing you to have?

fs1ephil

oh wow. The fact that you had to make a comment like you did in the first place says a lot about you. Don't bother replying I will delete this post. You have made way more out of what I said than you needed to. Go bother someone else please.

Has any one else noticed?
Is this why?
But at what cost WEIGHT?

Seriously

Last edited:

ArkansasDave

According to the website it's a 32kW hp motor, and a power to weight of .2kW/kg so use some maths and that's 160kgs, 2015 wet weight was 165kgs and a dry weight of 147 kgs. So either it lost 5kgs, gained 13kgs or they didn't use enough significant digits to get an accurate enough answer.

I suggest you email ktms marketing department as they will likely be the only ones that have the answers you're looking for, everything on this forum will be speculation.

Another thing that you apparently didn't notice is the front brake rotor was 300mm for 2015 and is still listed as 300mm for 2016.

fs1ephil

320mm in uk for 2016 Why do you still feel the need to poke holes lol

http://www.ktm.com/gb/supersport/rc-3903/

Scroll down for front disc