2017 RC390 low oil pressure warning.

Hey guys, I'm at the track and the low oil pressure warning is coming on.
Oil level is good any other common issues I should check?

Thanks,
Mike

Mine did that also. It was intermittent, so I thought it was a false warning. I thought we had it narrowed down to the pressure sensor being bad and we were very wrong. The water pump gasket had blown and all kinds of nastiness was happening to my motor. KTM gave me a new motor, so that was good. There was no coolant in the oil, but the other way around, my radiator was a milky mess.

I'm not saying it's anything as catastrophic as mine, but I'd get it checked out before your next track day. Just to verify, you aren't popping any fuses, are you?

Thanks Thunderrun, I'll definitely check that out before running the bike again. It only ran for a short time before I shut it down. Same thing intermittent, but I didn't want to take any chances. Hopefully there's no other damage. I'm glad I brought a second bike for the weekend.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Out of curiosity, I read the servicec manual procedure for checking oil pressure. What a pain! There is no threaded port for the puspose like most engines have. Instead, you have to remove the oil filter and fit a special tool. Sheesh.

Good luck, and please report on how it goes.

Thanks Thunderrun, I'll definitely check that out before running the bike again. It only ran for a short time before I shut it down. Same thing intermittent, but I didn't want to take any chances. Hopefully there's no other damage. I'm glad I brought a second bike for the weekend.

I certainly hope, for your sake, that it's just a sensor fault or a false warning.