almost ready

simpletty

Country flag
Few more touches and Im ready to go..ya ya the sidestand is still on it. Need the side stand delete kit or another option

953e00a1-6170-4e90-bb4f-24b122dfc49b.jpg

IMG_1878[1].JPG

the list so far
r6 rear shock
front springs and 15wt oil
rearsets
ttyga tail
cup winshield
cup 320mm rotor
ebc hh pads
akra exhaust
modified triple clamp and 51mm woodcroft clipons
g2 quickturn and renthal grips
diablo corsa sp sc1 and sc2--on way
lever gaurds--ordered and on way
adjustable folding levers-ordered and on way
more to come

Last edited:

cornerslider

Sorry man, my bad.... I just wanted to let you know that you MAY have done the same thing I did with the front springs.... Based on the pic of your sweet ride, it appears that you may have too much spacer in you forks.... (I did the same thing). I found if you follow the vague directions, you end up with a HUGE increase in ride height. I think my "final" spacer ended up being 3-1/8 inches. That should give you next to ZERO preload, and will still increase your ride height. I lowered the fork tubes in the triple clamps to compensate. I'm only posting my opinion based on the appearance of the amount inner fork tube that seems visible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

simpletty

Country flag
Sorry man, my bad.... I just wanted to let you know that you MAY have done the same thing I did with the front springs.... Based on the pic of your sweet ride, it appears that you may have too much spacer in you forks.... (I did the same thing). I found if you follow the vague directions, you end up with a HUGE increase in ride height. I think my "final" spacer ended up being 3-1/8 inches. That should give you next to ZERO preload, and will still increase your ride height. I lowered the fork tubes in the triple clamps to compensate. I'm only posting my opinion based on the appearance of the amount inner fork tube that seems visible?

I followed implicit directions from Matt at formula 390 and actually I think I ended up around 87mm. Which is 3.425 inches. I have the forks up high in the triple clamps as well. I'll probably drop them down about 1/2 inch or so as well. Plus I'm up on the kickstand and that fork is not settled. Just for comparison measure your exposed tube when the bike is just on the rear stand and I'll do the same once my tires are back on and that way I can double check them and adjust the spacer length of necessary. I'm also 220 in gear so I need all the front travel I can get lol. It seemed 1000% better after I installed them though. It really showed how crappy the brakes were. Handling was superb compared to before. It nearly doubled the speed of some corners. Anyways good eye and let's compare notes.It does look a bit long in the tooth when looking at some of the other pictures in the photo section. I will be lowering the forks tommorow. Too late to mess with spacer length until the winter rolls around now. I cant even remeber where the spacer went, if its a quick removal of the cap and then the spacer sits on top ill have to do an adjust of the length

Last edited:

cornerslider

Simpletty, I just checked my my exposed tube (with the bike on the rear stand), and I have 5- 1/2 inches exposed. I'm about your same weight, and have the 1.0 rate springs, and Amsoil medium wt fork oil. I did the "zip-tie trick" (put a zip-tie around the inner fork tube to check how much travel I'm using). Even riding aggressively on the track, I'm only useing about 3- 1/4 inches of travel. I lowered the forks in the triples about 8mm. I have no complaints with the suspension anymore. Let me know what you find with your set-up.

simpletty

Country flag
Simpletty, I just checked my my exposed tube (with the bike on the rear stand), and I have 5- 1/2 inches exposed. I'm about your same weight, and have the 1.0 rate springs, and Amsoil medium wt fork oil. I did the "zip-tie trick" (put a zip-tie around the inner fork tube to check how much travel I'm using). Even riding aggressively on the track, I'm only useing about 3- 1/4 inches of travel. I lowered the forks in the triples about 8mm. I have no complaints with the suspension anymore. Let me know what you find with your set-up.

Same me deal here. Lowered mine 9mm and it's perfect