Arrow GP2 stainless dark exhaust installed

emeglasson

My Arrow pipe arrived today, so naturally I installed it tonight. I ordered it from an ebay seller called acrmedics, I paid about $540. He was very helpful and communicative; seems like a good guy. It seemed like a good option relative to the Akro system. I have had Arrow pipes on other bikes, and have been happy with the product.

There are four options for the actual muffler. I went with the smallest, lightest, and likely loudest option, the GP2. It is finished in dark stainless steel. Finish quality is definitely as good as it gets. I hadn't realized there is a Ti option in the GP2 can as well. I ordered the additional baffle kit called the dB killer. That piece hasn't arrived yet. The kit includes a mid-pipe with an expansion chamber which replaces the huge stock chamber.

Install was surprisingly easy, other than accessing one of the header bolts which needs to be loosened to remove the stock expansion chamber. Arrow provides a new steel plate to cap the hole in the belly pan where the new pipe exists the stock exhaust location. It was pretty slick, actually. Everything was an easy fit.

I fired it up and it sounds fantastic. Better than expected actually; it really isn't ridiculously loud. It's just...pretty loud. It sounds like a proper motorcycle now! It was late, so I havent ridden it to get a seat of the pants feel for any performance changes. And, unfortunately, It will be a little while before I can get to a dyno. When I do, I plan to install the K&N filter and probably ditch the airbox snorkel have everything tuned.

So...what is the opinion on best tuning software / system currently?

Weight wise, the new system saved exactly 6.2 pounds.

You might notice in the photos one small issue; I don't have an exhaust hanger (yet). The pipe is intended to mount to the existing passenger peg bracket. All of the necessary hardware was supplied to do that. But, I have binned the passenger pegs, so I will be fabricating a little bracket to hold it. I realized that when I ordered it, but I had sort of forgotten until I slid the pipe on.

Ground clearance looks pretty good, but I wont know for sure until the next track day.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

Last edited:

mr-fabricator

Looking good there mate .

i have the same exhaust but in silver aluminium .

Made a bracket as i dont have foot pegs either .

Will be a few weeks till i hit the track . Im using a race dynamics ecu and hope to get someone to use it on the dyno , if not ill be going PCV when available

regards lee .

jd5

My Arrow pipe arrived today, so naturally I installed it tonight. I ordered it from an ebay seller called acrmedics, I paid about $540. He was very helpful and communicative; seems like a good guy. It seemed like a good option relative to the Akro system. I have had Arrow pipes on other bikes, and have been happy with the product.

There are four options for the actual muffler. I went with the smallest, lightest, and likely loudest option, the GP2. It is finished in dark stainless steel. Finish quality is definitely as good as it gets. I hadn't realized there is a Ti option in the GP2 can as well. I ordered the additional baffle kit called the dB killer. That piece hasn't arrived yet. The kit includes a mid-pipe with an expansion chamber which replaces the huge stock chamber.

Install was surprisingly easy, other than accessing one of the header bolts which needs to be loosened to remove the stock expansion chamber. Arrow provides a new steel plate to cap the hole in the belly pan where the new pipe exists the stock exhaust location. It was pretty slick, actually. Everything was an easy fit.

I fired it up and it sounds fantastic. Better than expected actually; it really isn't ridiculously loud. It's just...pretty loud. It sounds like a proper motorcycle now! It was late, so I havent ridden it to get a seat of the pants feel for any performance changes. And, unfortunately, It will be a little while before I can get to a dyno. When I do, I plan to install the K&N filter and probably ditch the airbox snorkel have everything tuned.

You might notice in the photos one small issue; I don't have an exhaust hanger (yet). The pipe is intended to mount to the existing passenger peg bracket. All of the necessary hardware was supplied to do that. But, I have binned the passenger pegs, so I will be fabricating a little bracket to hold it. I realized that when I ordered it, but I had sort of forgotten until I slid the pipe on.

Ground clearance looks pretty good, but I wont know for sure until the next track day.

View attachment 346View attachment 347View attachment 348View attachment 349View attachment 350View attachment 351
Slick setup.

Question, what is the new vertical silver cylinder positioned about where the old muffler was? The Akra has the same, is it the cat?

Nice replacement on the master cylinder, which brand is your new one?

Finally, whose paddock stand/bobbins are you using? Have heard a bunch of people ordering ones that just don't work together and I know the 390 has an odd size (10mm, 1.25 thread, I think).

Thank you.

emeglasson

I don't think the down pipe is a cat, I believe it is just an expansion chamber. The Arrow website calls it a 'link pipe for original collector'.
The master cylinder is a 13mm unit, Braking brand, ordered from my local shop; nice quality, and is a complete kit. (included the reservoir, unlike the Brembo's) I like it a lot, but be aware that there will be a clearance issue with the windscreen when your turn full left.
The slider / bobbin combo is a chines ebay piece, but it was surprisingly high quality and well thought out. It uses the lower mounting hole, the larger one, unlike the KTM version that uses the upper hole which is shared with the rear fender, and cannot be used as the bobbin (I tried, my bike fell off the stand!). The lower bolt diameter is larger too, therefore much stronger. The way the bobbin is very cleanly integrated to the in-board side of the slider is well executed. Here is the link:
TFG CNC Swingarm Spools Sliders for KTM Duke 390 2013 2015 | eBay

Photo below.
slider.JPG

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Wait for the PCV tuning wise... for now have your dealer install the Akra map in it. It will help fueling and raise the rev limiter up 250 rpm.

Last edited:

jd5

I don't think the down pipe is a cat, I believe it is just an expansion chamber. The Arrow website calls it a 'link pipe for original collector'.
The master cylinder is a 13mm unit, Braking brand, ordered from my local shop; nice quality, and is a complete kit. (included the reservoir, unlike the Brembo's) I like it a lot, but be aware that there will be a clearance issue with the windscreen when your turn full left.
The slider / bobbin combo is a chines ebay piece, but it was surprisingly high quality and well thought out. It uses the lower mounting hole, the larger one, unlike the KTM version that uses the upper hole which is shared with the rear fender, and cannot be used as the bobbin (I tried, my bike fell off the stand!). The lower bolt diameter is larger too, therefore much stronger. The way the bobbin is very cleanly integrated to the in-board side of the slider is well executed. Here is the link:
TFG CNC Swingarm Spools Sliders for KTM Duke 390 2013 2015 | eBay

Photo below.
View attachment 357

thank you!

Treachery

Country flag
Nice piece. The canister looks a good biit smaller than the Akra; you might want to watch clearance on your spools; the Akra doesn't reliably clear them, and the installation instruction has you put the axle in from the right (nut on the left) also for clearance.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
We use the universal Parts Unlimited 13030243 spool kit (black) comes with 10mm hardware and are the shortest I've found on the market, 21 bucks or so. The axle must be turned around for the Akra pipe like mentioned above.
FullSizeRender.jpg

TheMuffinMan

I'm planning on getting rid of the passenger foot pegs. Are you guys/girls making a custom bracket which uses the stock mounting location of the passenger footpeg or are you mounting it somewhere else so that that the tail of the frame remains clean and unobstructed?

To help the exhaust can connector pipe that slips on the mid pipe with resonator not drag at full lean consider this. You can shorten the mid pipe outlet that the connecter pipe slips on by up to 3/4". This will make the front portion of the system pivot in closer to the bike for more lean clearance. At 5/8" cut off you can still use the supplied spring. At 3/4" I used .032 safety wire instead of the spring (we have to safety wire it anyway). You may be able to find a new spring at a hardware store that is shorter?

Dean

View attachment 346View attachment 347View attachment 348View attachment 349View attachment 350View attachment 351

hi, what rim decal is that and where did you get it from?