Beware the RC390 RC Cup Fork Upgrade

Edwardp33

Country flag
Just purchase an RC390 mostly for use as a track bike, but also with plans for street riding. I purchase the KTM power parts RC Cup fork upgrade. Speedo and ABS will not work with these forks. These forks do not have a mount for the speedometer sensor. As a result the speedo reads incorrectly and the ABS engages at slow speeds for no reason. KTM leaves it up to me to build a mounting bracket for the speedometer sensor. Completely unacceptable. What kind of company lacks the forsight to anticipate dual use of an RC390.

My dealer has offered to build a bracket. Will let you know how it turns out. I am amazed at KTM's position.

RobbiRob76

None of my race bike had anything more than a tach. I really don't blame KTM, for purpose built suspension not catering to the street use... My 2cents

Last edited:

Edwardp33

Country flag
It took about 2 hours and 2 attempts to get the bracket perfectly aligned. Made a template with card stock, marked up some aluminum, and with a little drilling and cutting...problem solved. Going to replace the washers with nylon spacers, but problem solved. I still think the KTM folks need to make an orange bracket and kit. After all, if you purchase these forks you either had a bad crash on an RC Cup bike or you are upgrading a street bike and need a kit.

Bracket1.jpgBracket2.jpg

KTMGene390

It took about 2 hours and 2 attempts to get the bracket perfectly aligned. Made a template with card stock, marked up some aluminum, and with a little drilling and cutting...problem solved. Going to replace the washers with nylon spacers, but problem solved. I still think the KTM folks need to make an orange bracket and kit. After all, if you purchase these forks you either had a bad crash on an RC Cup bike or you are upgrading a street bike and need a kit.

View attachment 477View attachment 478

I purchased the WP suspension set and have the same problem obviously. I called a few shops and nobody is willing for a reasonable price to make me a bracket. Would you consider making another one and how much?