Bobbins rc390

dave

Country flag
Go some bobbins for rear paddock stand. M10 1.25 thread 40mm long. But they don't go all the way in.very tight with about 10 mm still to go. Any ideas please what I can do .are the the right bolts 🤢

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Go some bobbins for rear paddock stand. M10 1.25 thread 40mm long. But they don't go all the way in.very tight with about 10 mm still to go. Any ideas please what I can do .are the the right bolts 🤢
Sounds like you have the wrong thread pitch and just cross threaded the mount holes in your swingarm.

RiccyD15

Country flag
Yeah man, hopefully you didn’t put too much force into it, MIGHT be salvageable by re-tapping the threads to 10x1.5, but idk if I’d trust that on a rear stand :/

dave

Country flag
Yeah man, hopefully you didn’t put too much force into it, MIGHT be salvageable by re-tapping the threads to 10x1.5, but idk if I’d trust that on a rear stand :/
So Ricky should I get some m10 1.5 bolts. I've not forced the 1.25 bolts in. Stopped when i couldn't tighten up..I'm so confused. Top two holes are m8 12.5 ..and m10 1.25 for bottom. I'm i correct mate 👍

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
So Ricky should I get some m10 1.5 bolts. I've not forced the 1.25 bolts in. Stopped when i couldn't tighten up..I'm so confused. Top two holes are m8 12.5 ..and m10 1.25 for bottom. I'm i correct mate 👍
The factory at Bajaj in India is WELL known for practically randomly tapping the threads with 1.25 and 1.5 thread pitch. I suspect some of the workers don't even realize there's a difference and just grab whatever M10 tap is handy. I've seen swingarms with both threads (1.25 on one side, 1.5 on the other), broken taps still in the swingarm, holes which aren't taped at all, holes which had a taper tap run in but not a bottom tap to finish the threads (maybe that's what's going on with yours), etc.

You just need to do is get an eyeball on the threads and check them. CLOSELY!!!