Bristol Core muffler repack kit for Competition Werkes - INTRO PRICING until 8/11/17

CDN Duke

Country flag
For those that have them, you know that the Competition Werkes pipe can get very loud as the factory packing blows out. Competition Werkes will repack the pipe for you free of charge if you cover shipping to and fro. I had mine repacked by them and it was good while it lasted... but I know I won't pass the sound check at my local track (Calabogie Motorsports Park) next Tuesday. I barely passed last time shortly after the factory repack :rolleyes:

So, the team at Bristol Core have put together what is expected to be a much more durable option with a combination of their HD Steel Wool core wrapped with a Spec 19 filled pillow.

There are a couple kits in forum member's pipes now and I have one of the first production kits that I'll be installing this weekend. Kit comes complete with drill bit and rivets.

MSRP is $54.95 but for a limited time, they're offering up introductory pricing at $30.95.

Spec 19 HD Kit for Competition Werkes Duke/RC390

14612-2.jpg

CDN Duke

Country flag
Installed my repack kit tonight.

Pipe weighed 1210g before I opened it up. Just one small piece of OE packing left after 2500 kms (just over 1500 miles). So basically empty can, and pretty loud...

Procedure is straightforward. I had one rivet that spun but the others were easy to remove. Slid the kit off cardboard tube onto Werkes core. I did struggle closing the can up again though, probably took me close to a half hour trying to get it lined up. As the instructions say, you shouldn't have to force it. I would suggest before putting the packing on the inner core, check to see how it reassembles. The pipe core needs to fit into the ring around the internal diffuser. You'll see how when you open yours up. Just test fit prior to adding packing so you can understand how it's expected to fit after.

Noise reduction is substantial. I was peaking at 110.9db where it starts to bark at about 7k rpm. That reduced to 107.4 db. It's significantly quieter at 6k rpm or less. The tone is less raspy as well. Huge improvement, and I'm hoping it lasts way longer too.

Weight after packing was 1436g, so a gain of 226g, of which 150g is expected to be the fill itself.

IMG_0303.jpgIMG_0306.jpgIMG_0312.jpgIMG_0313.jpgIMG_0314.jpg

Razor1

Country flag
Got my kit installed, sounds great, easy installation, will report how it holds up over the next couple months.

simpletty

Country flag
confused as to why people would buy such a piece of crap exhaust to start with. Loud does not always mean its good.

Razor1

Country flag
I bought it because i liked the light weight and stock location, it is not loud when the packing is good.

CDN Duke

Country flag
confused as to why people would buy such a piece of crap exhaust to start with. Loud does not always mean its good.

I would hardly call it a 'piece of crap'. It's admittedly not the optimum tuned length for this motor so may not yield absolute peak power as some of the other longer options, but it does lighten the bike by over 10 lbs which improves overall power to weight ratio. It also retains the stock location which means it's protected if the bike goes down, unlike the Akrapovic pipe that got damaged on your bike simpletty.

I personally love the aesthetics of the quality 'pie cut' construction used in these pipes.

As Razor1 stated, they're not overly loud when new or freshly packed. It's just the OEM packing doesn't last very long if you're on the gas so the Bristol Core Wrap option described here was designed to improve the longevity of the packing.

467b7f805fe7962dd2c61ea1c4a40e77.jpgaf76953060bfd781b6eb402155a9d732.jpg