Engine hours counting ?

kayabusa

Country flag
Hi Guys Im new to the bike, quick question, How do I check on the display the total hours on the engine ?

Thank you all.

Reactions: avs

cornerslider

I looked all over for that information. The dash on the RC is pretty crude. Yes, it looks fancy, but it really lacks a lot in functions/features...... I determined that the bike simply isn't equipped with that technology? If I'm wrong, someone please chime it. When I checked my valves @ the 600 mile mark, I installed an hour meter that reads off the spark plug wire. Most motocross racers install them on day one. It's a really simple install. Granted, I don't have the hours from break-in, but I figure i'm pretty close enough. In 1,500 miles, I've built 32.5 hours. Based on that, I just add about 10 hours to the total hours indicated for the break-in.

kayabusa

Country flag
That's exactly my plan, my bike is brand new and before start using it this weekend I want to start logging hours. (since is a cup bike and I cant see the actual millage) If is not equipped with a hour meter, I will install this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Works-Connection-Tach-Hour-Meter/dp/B00698FFKW

By far the best one.

I looked all over for that information. The dash on the RC is pretty crude. Yes, it looks fancy, but it really lacks a lot in functions/features...... I determined that the bike simply isn't equipped with that technology? If I'm wrong, someone please chime it. When I checked my valves @ the 600 mile mark, I installed an hour meter that reads off the spark plug wire. Most motocross racers install them on day one. It's a really simple install. Granted, I don't have the hours from break-in, but I figure i'm pretty close enough. In 1,500 miles, I've built 32.5 hours. Based on that, I just add about 10 hours to the total hours indicated for the break-in.

cornerslider

Good call :cool:.... FYI- if I can offer some "unsolicited" advise, there really isn't a very good mounting location on the RC (that doesn't get in the way for doing routine maintenance) I mounted mine on the left side of the steering head, on the frame. it's difficult to read it there, but I just stick my phone in there, and take a picture of it. That also helps me log the dates that I did any maintenance work, as it's already stored in my phone- :cool:..... I'll try to attach a photo of the mounting location.

Last edited:

kayabusa

Country flag
Great Idea ! send me the pic when you have a chance.

Good call :cool:.... FYI- if I can offer some "unsolicited" advise, there really isn't a very good mounting location on the RC (that doesn't get in the way for doing routine maintenance) I mounted mine on the left side of the steering head, on the frame. it's difficult to read it there, but I just stick my phone in there, and take a picture of it. That also helps me log the dates that I did any maintenance work, as it's already stored in my phone- :cool:..... I'll try to attach a photo of the mounting location.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The ecu logs run time, it's under parameters if you have the KTM diag tool :). Then there's no need for a external hour meter.