• details are enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • need more details

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rideontt

Country flag
Below is an image on the inside of case cover the oil has made a layer of varnish, being the oil has not reached its working temperature & swithed off for several cycles when used for short rides/ commutes.. which in my opinion long term is not good for the Oil and there by to the engine also :(

I have been using Motul 7100
10W50 API: SN this was used by KTM's service.

ktm engine case coverjpg .jpg

Below in the image is the specification of engine oil that is recommended in the Manual Book for 390

imresizer-1694433107665.jpeg
my view now is to take/use lubricants that would meet JASO MA2 for 390:)
API ; SJ or as close to this specification

imresizer-1694434317274.jpeg This is Bharath Petroleum 15W 50 API SL specification mentioned ☝️ (as close as possible to)
the bonus here is after 1.7Lt (1.79 qrt) for the engine i have enough "left over" to top up Oil when the required.

rideontt

Country flag
Bharath Petroleums product that match Motul 7100 10W50 API SN Jaso Ma2. the experience is reduction in engine heat is . Lubricant color is similar to color of the bottle slightly pale.
IMG-20201102-WA0000~2.jpg

imresizer-1694672343030.jpeg 15W50 Jaso Ma2 API Sn hydrocracked oil shell is the earlies to use thechnology before Motul did, after using this engine heat reduced.
the issue i had was the engine sprocket (15T sprocket) shaft seal gave way and started leaking oil, so had to replace that seal
so another vist
to service again after previous visit changing engine oil to shell 🙄 .

Among the engine oil used :
Shell Advance ultra. 15w 50. API SN
MAK 4T Blaze synth 10w 50. API Sn
MAK 4T Royal 15W 50. API SL
Motul 7100 15W 50 API SN

I like the MAK 4T Royal 15W 50 Api SL (maybe blended engine oil) but it does really give a fantastic clutch progression feel bite point of the clutch is easy to find
which previously on the synthetic Motul 7100 10W 50 was like light switch (on or off only)
i am unable to remember how clutch feel was with Shell Advance ultra 15W 50.

The Other lubricant that has similar feel is Shell Advance 15W 50 4T AX7 (blended engine oil) which gives same feedback that i had with MAK 4T Royal this is used by friend of mine on his Rc200 and he's amazed with its clutch feel.

KTMLaos

Country flag
Strange, I have never seen anything other than Motorex being advised in a KTM Owners Manual.
I have tried several brands, even Voltronic GranTurismo-XM which worked fine but gave me a lesser smooth gear shift.
I have never used Motul but I like Motorex and Amsoil (full synthetic)
On my bike, I have installed a TTO temperature gauge with the M6 probe into the radiator which works a charm.

Below is an image on the inside of case cover the oil has made a layer of varnish, being the oil has not reached its working temperature & swithed off for several cycles when used for short rides/ commutes.. which in my opinion long term is not good for the Oil and there by to the engine also :(

I have been using Motul 7100
10W50 API: SN this was used by KTM's service.

View attachment 7293

Below in the image is the specification of engine oil that is recommended in the Manual Book for 390

View attachment 7292
my view now is to take/use lubricants that would meet JASO MA2 for 390:)
API ; SJ or as close to this specification

View attachment 7294 This is Bharath Petroleum 15W 50 API SL specification mentioned ☝️ (as close as possible to)
the bonus here is after 1.7Lt (1.79 qrt) for the engine i have enough "left over" to top up Oil when the required.

rideontt

Country flag
Strange, I have never seen anything other than Motorex being advised in a KTM Owners Manual.
I have tried several brands, even Voltronic GranTurismo-XM which worked fine but gave me a lesser smooth gear shift.
I have never used Motul but I like Motorex and Amsoil (full synthetic)
On my bike, I have installed a TTO temperature gauge with the M6 probe into the radiator which works a charm.
can you share your KTM owner manual about the engine oil, please :)

B7ACKTHORN

Country flag
Motorex is the official supplier of engine oil for KTM, and it does seem to work better than other oils or it might be placebo. It's something similar where Triumph engine oil filler cap has Castrol as their official supplier, so that's no big deal. @rideontt you have very good oils also from Total Hi Perf 15w50 and Gulf Powertrack 15w50 which one of my friend swears by, though yet to use. I've used Mak and they're pretty much okay oils, slightly better than Bajaj's DTSi 10000 20w50 oil. Next time, give Gulf Powertrac a try.

rideontt

Country flag
Motorex is the official supplier of engine oil for KTM, and it does seem to work better than other oils or it might be placebo. It's something similar where Triumph engine oil filler cap has Castrol as their official supplier, so that's no big deal. @rideontt you have very good oils also from Total Hi Perf 15w50 and Gulf Powertrack 15w50 which one of my friend swears by, though yet to use. I've used Mak and they're pretty much okay oils, slightly better than Bajaj's DTSi 10000 20w50 oil. Next time, give Gulf Powertrac a try.
MAK 4T Blaze synth 10w 50. API Sn if synthetic is what you looking for currently or future
do try this its not well known by many. A picture of the product is in this thread.

ohhh added Gulf Powertrack to the list thank you for sharing, appreciate that you have read the blog 🤩

Last edited: