Exhaust question

808RC390

Country flag
Hi all! New to the forum. I am picking up a 2019 RC390 project bike and wanted to get the under body competition werkes exhaust. The website says it for the 2016 model so I guess I’m just trying to see if it’ll still mount up. Thanks in advance!

808RC390

Country flag
The header changed and is shorter, so that won't fit. You also REALLY don't want that exhaust! It's painfully loud, and you'll lose about 3-4hp.
Thanks for the heads up! Shoots I was really trying to find an under body exhaust as I’m a fan of how the RC looks without a side exit. Any suggestions or is it fab something up?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up! Shoots I was really trying to find an under body exhaust as I’m a fan of how the RC looks without a side exit. Any suggestions or is it fab something up?
There's none that will do what you want without losing a bunch of HP. The stock exhaust makes a ton of 180° turns in the black exhaust box. The 390 motor is CRAZY sensitive to exhaust length. The options for not having a side exit are the two dual under tail exhaust systems. There's the Yoshimura and the Tyga systems. I stock the Tyga ones. You gain about 2hp with that system. You'll get another 1hp if you also get the replant header for the full system add that has a constant diameter header, instead of the stock one with a dent from Rajesh smacking it with a handy rock at the Bajaj factory.

There's some good side exit exhaust systems as well. The Akropovic was the golden standard until we learned that if we made the exhaust even longer still there was another 5hp hiding I there is also paired with a larger fuel injector, airbox loud mod plus an air filter change... Wrap it all up with a fueling module, and you can get 48-49 up to the rear wheel. Over that, and the next hardware fuse is the piston, which will snap in half at over 50hp.