Faint Beeping noise coming from RC390 engine area

rc_Guy

ran into an odd problem this morning. Took the RC out for a spin early this morning. came back and parked it in the garage. started to hear this really faint beeping sound coming from the RC. seems like its coming from somewhere in the engine area. a faint beeping at 30-45 seconds intervals. i disconnected the battery but it's still beeping... left the battery disconnected for 30 minutes then it stopped. reconnected the battery, started it up for 5 minutes then turned it off and the beeping is still there. its really odd, first time i had that problem.

bike only has 989 miles on it. i changed the oil 2 months ago.. still havent brought it in for it's first service, been meaning too but just dont have time. i also have issues with the 3rd gear indicator not showing up.. but its been like that since i got the bike. was waiting to to get it looked at during the first service

any ideas? you can hear the faint beeping (turn up your volume) in this video. [video=youtube_share;rDa1BX_8fj4]https://youtu.be/rDa1BX_8fj4[/video]

Fasteddy

Country flag
Oh yeah, that is the gas tank purging vapor. It will cotinue till it cools down, in the summer my garage warms up mine will be doing it without even being ridden...

rc_Guy

Oh really? Crazy. It's the first time I heard this noise and I picked it up last May... OK so I guess it's normal then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fasteddy

Country flag
Seems to be normal, It's one of those sounds you don't notice but once you do you here it all the time. It is more noticeable depending on how full the tank is temperature etc.
My 07 SuperDuke also did the same thing until I removed the canister.
If you hear it open the gas cap, it will stop, close it and if it is still warm from a ride it will build up pressure and start again. I even went through and checked that the charcoal canister was all plumbed correctly so my conclusion is that it is normal.

rc_Guy

Nice... Thanks for the input. One less thing for me to worry about!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

sturge

Confirmed here as well...have heard it numerous times. First time I heard it I swore it was some sort of electrical 'beeping' issue but as I got close to tank I figured out it was coming from fuel port and discovered it was just relieving pressure.

Treachery

Country flag
That's a little more "electronic" than the noise mine makes. SWMBO's Ninjette makes a louder, longer noise we call the "Wookie" sound. Sometimes it's like the two are chatting (probably about not being ridden recently enough). Seems unrelated to having been ridden, more in response to temperature and atmospheric changes.

Edwardp33

Country flag
That's a little more "electronic" than the noise mine makes. SWMBO's Ninjette makes a louder, longer noise we call the "Wookie" sound. Sometimes it's like the two are chatting (probably about not being ridden recently enough). Seems unrelated to having been ridden, more in response to temperature and atmospheric changes.

Try try opening and closing the gas cap and see what happens