Finally just did the race graphics...

RC707

Hey RCers,

I finally got the race graphics in and after much debate (because factory looks so good) did it. No regrets. Super high quality decals. Stock ones came off in about 30 with a hair dryer.

also snapped pics with naked fairings because I read several folks wanting to see it.

cheers!

first track day this month at Sonoma raceway so... Ya I'm excited.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 512
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 1,357

RC707

What process did you use to remove and prep the plastic? Thanks!

Hi,
Stickers came off super clean with minimal residue using a hair dryer to heat them up. There is an oil-like glaze from the factory on the fairings and bellypan, along with some glue from the decals. I simply used a paper towel with wd40 sprayed liberally on to it and mildly buffed the reside clean. Took 2 passes and was slick and clean. Then I used rubbing alcohol and applied it until the plastic was oil free and smooth. Then just used the wet application method for the decals with a cup of water and a drop of dish soap. 30 min bike was ready for decals. Applied with plastics on bike so I did not remove anything. Decals took maybe another 20 minutes.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Hekimpd

Thanks for the help! I have a complete kit coming from EDTGFX in Malaysia. I'll post up some pictures once it get them and the results.