Front fork clicking noise

TJWan

Country flag
Hinfolks.
My 2015 RC390 having this issue, whenever go through imbalance surface the clicking noise is even louder. What could possibly go wrong?

I took out the fork and taken off the cap and outer sleeve (black color tube), the click noise appear at the begining process when pressure is being put on;

could this mean that there a "free play" in between the "cover" and the spring? When it is fully decompress it leave a small gap in between the spring and the upper cover, then when being pressurized: the cover get contact with the spring and therefore the noise? I have not yet disassemble the inner tube where it consist of the spring and damper rod.

Initially I suspect is the steering head bearing issue but after taking off the fork and checm the bearing is okay, the noise comes from fork.

:Anyone face this issue before and solved it?

Thank you

Please refer below.link for the actual noise

rideontt

Country flag
That's the infamous issue with the first gen Ktm Forks. you would have to remove the damping rod from the fork assembly.
which would look like this

Rod dampening.jpg

it requires some special tools to access it.

KTMLaos

Country flag
It has been a while since I replaced my OE fork inserts with MUPO adjustable ones but.
You may want to check the foot of the fork.
The inner tube is screwed into the foot (fine thread) and secured with red Locktide plus a retaining little screw (I think it is 3mm Allen).
The inner tube must be screwed all the way down as it pinches/sandwiches the lower part of the spring/dampening mechanism.
It is a long shot but when there is but a little gap at the bottom you may get what is shown in your vdo.
If I recall correctly the top cap is of no significance other than to keep the internals free from the elements but of no significance to the functionality of the damping.
As for the steering head bearings, there is an upgrade available to roller bearings rather than the OE ball bearings.
These are out of certain Ninja bikes.

Hinfolks.
My 2015 RC390 having this issue, whenever go through imbalance surface the clicking noise is even louder. What could possibly go wrong?

I took out the fork and taken off the cap and outer sleeve (black color tube), the click noise appear at the begining process when pressure is being put on;

could this mean that there a "free play" in between the "cover" and the spring? When it is fully decompress it leave a small gap in between the spring and the upper cover, then when being pressurized: the cover get contact with the spring and therefore the noise? I have not yet disassemble the inner tube where it consist of the spring and damper rod.

Initially I suspect is the steering head bearing issue but after taking off the fork and checm the bearing is okay, the noise comes from fork.

:Anyone face this issue before and solved it?

Thank you

Please refer below.link for the actual noise