Front forks

Tdel

All,

i had had my forks resprung and revalued for my 200 pounds. During the job it was noted that there were 3 spacers reducing the amount of fork travel in the cup bike forks. In my discussion with my suspension guy we agreed to remove 2 of the 3 spacers to gain some more fork travel. I'll be trying the bike out at Barber the weekend after thanksgiving. My question: is there a fork/wheel travel or clearance issue that the spacers were solving for?

thanks
tom

CDN Duke

Country flag
Revalued? :)

I've been investigating travel, spring stack differences between the Duke and RC390 as of late as I try to sort out additional lowering for the Duke.

What I've learned so far:

The Duke has a 320mm spring, with two preload spacers of 30mm + 50mm for total of 400mm spring stack. Total travel is 150mm
The RC390 has a 345mm spring, with only 30mm preload spacer, for total of 375mm spring stack. Total travel is 125mm.

For my Duke 390, I am planning to insert a 25mm spacer in the rod assembly to reduce the extension of the fork and effectively lower the bike by 25mm. I will switch to the RC390 setup for a spring stack 375mm, thus lowering my front end by 25mm. (The OEM KTM Duke 390mm lowering kit uses a similar 25mm spacer in rod assembly, a different 320mm spring and the 50mm to basically effect the same.)

Interested to hear what's different in the Cup forks - do you have measurements on the spacers and where they were used? Total resultant travel?