front lift stand

stevieboy

Country flag
The front triple clamp lift stand that I used for my Aprilia RS25 wants to lift the bike by the beak and that's not good. I have a fork leg stand as well but that doesn't work well with the single side radial brake caliper. Does anybody have a triple clamp lift that positively will work without putting pressure on the front fairing? I now have two rear lifts and two fronts. I really don't want to buy any more than I have to. Thanks for your help.

ASM

Albeit I removed all the street parts, I still run the stock fairings (with the race screen) and am using the PitBull stand without any issues...

stevieboy

Country flag
Actually got ahold of an actual person at T-Rex today. He actually checked with tech support and they do not actually have a specific lift for the RC390. I actually think that 'actually' was this Hispanics favorite word in English. If the QC issues and the local dealers disinterest continue on the same trajectory I probably will not need a stand to lift the front of the bike because it will be gone before it needs new tires or fork work.

reenmachine

Country flag
Actually got ahold of an actual person at T-Rex today. He actually checked with tech support and they do not actually have a specific lift for the RC390. I actually think that 'actually' was this Hispanics favorite word in English. If the QC issues and the local dealers disinterest continue on the same trajectory I probably will not need a stand to lift the front of the bike because it will be gone before it needs new tires or fork work.

Well I don't know if it was "specifically" made for the RC390, but my T-rex front triple stand fits and works perfectly. The pin is a perfect fit, there's no interference with the bodywork, etc. What more do you want?

stevieboy

Country flag
Well I don't know if it was "specifically" made for the RC390, but my T-rex front triple stand fits and works perfectly. The pin is a perfect fit, there's no interference with the bodywork, etc. What more do you want?

I would expect the manufacturer to know what I needed to order rather than tell me they did not have a stand for the bike. If I tell them I want to order a stand for an RC390 and they tell me they do not have one for that bike what should I order? I know the pin size, the 16.5 for my Aprilia RS125 fits fine its the clearance that is in question. I believe the forum members have the right information but if I cant order one since the manufacturer says they do not have it I am stuck.

reenmachine

Country flag
I would expect the manufacturer to know what I needed to order rather than tell me they did not have a stand for the bike. If I tell them I want to order a stand for an RC390 and they tell me they do not have one for that bike what should I order? I know the pin size, the 16.5 for my Aprilia RS125 fits fine its the clearance that is in question. I believe the forum members have the right information but if I cant order one since the manufacturer says they do not have it I am stuck.

Maybe I had a freak experience or something then. I just ordered it from their website, it arrived, and it fit. YMMV

Treachery

Country flag
Well, you can do this: Find out the pin size or number from those who have 'em, offer to "beta test" and confirm fit. If your compatriots have been successful, you should be too!

Bagwell

Country flag
I got a #17 pin for my Pitbull front stem stand and it comes close to the beak but lifts the bike and holds it up clear of the beak.