Fuel gauge delete?

oneupmotogarage

I'm running a custom tank on my RC390 that has no way to run the stock fuel gauge so I want to trip the sensor to just read a full tank. With the sensor unplugged it reads totally empty, 0 miles left, and always reads low fuel with the warning light which I'd like to resolve. Does anyone know what I could do? Maybe throw a resistor between the two wires? Or just connect them? I don't want to connect them if that would short out...But I could check if they're not hot and ground and give it a try if no one knows.

Fasteddy

Country flag
The range on the fuel gauge is 10 ohms = full, 110 ohms = empty, a 15 ohm resistor across the yellow / black and green / red wires gives all but last block to full.
The fuel pump test pressure is 2.7 bar per the manual, the training guide and the QC sticker on my tank.

oneupmotogarage

The range on the fuel gauge is 10 ohms = full, 110 ohms = empty, a 15 ohm resistor across the yellow / black and green / red wires gives all but last block to full.
The fuel pump test pressure is 2.7 bar per the manual, the training guide and the QC sticker on my tank.

Fantastic info, thank you so much! I'll throw a resistor on there and drop my pressure to 40 PSI.

oneupmotogarage

OOPS, I just checked again on the fuel pressure it's 3.7 bar, I blame old age....

Huh, it must not make a big difference between 2.7 and 3.7 because I've been running it at 2.7 now for a few days with no issues. I'll bump it back up to 3.7 (53PSI) and see if I can tell a difference. I'm going to throw a 10 ohm resistor (a size I had handy) in the fuel gauge wires today and see if that does the trick.

So just to confirm, it says 3.7 bar everywhere?

Fasteddy

Country flag
From the manual:

Fuel pressure
When the fuel pump is active
3.2... 3.7 bar (46... 54 psi)

Screenshot from 2017-09-30 10:38:03.png

Mount special tool
with the nozzle code 0,45.
Testing hose (61029093000)

Last edited: