Fuel tuners?

guzz46

There's Powertronics

[video=youtube;xnP7Na23gdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnP7Na23gdk[/video]

s30series

The powertronics is awesome. It's like ecutek/megasquirt that lets you hook up a laptop and tune fuel/igntion at different loads/RPM values.

I *might* have a brand new in box one for sale here soon. Powertronics sent me one a few weeks back and it was jacked from my doorstep. If they don't refund me, they will send me out another one. I've decided to go another route (custom megasquirt setup) so I might let it go.

I paid $345 shipped from India to Atlanta, GA

micahpearlman

I bought a PowerTronic only because it is the only one currently available. I haven't hooked it up yet as I'm in CA and don't have a bike yet. Build quality and tuning software appear to be good. The only downside is that it doesn't have an O2 eliminator -- which means that it cannot properly adjust fuel when the bike is in closed-loop mode below around 5K RPM. If you can wait I would wait for the Power Commander, which should come with a O2 eliminator solution.

The PowerTronic can be bought on their Facebook site (look for the Buy Now button): https://www.facebook.com/PowertronicECU It was around $350 shipped to CA from India and was at my door in 4 days.

mr-fabricator

I use powertronic , good set up and quality build , not attempted tuning yet tho ,

Bick certainly does have more "pep" and the raised rev limit is a god send , u will only use 200 rpm of the raised limit but u will never hit the rev limit again , perfect for my track application

When power power comander release the full set up inc quick shifter i will swap it out for that but for road only the powertronic
will do it no probs .

Regards lee

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I use powertronic , good set up and quality build , not attempted tuning yet tho ,

Bick certainly does have more "pep" and the raised rev limit is a god send , u will only use 200 rpm of the raised limit but u will never hit the rev limit again , perfect for my track application

When power power comander release the full set up inc quick shifter i will swap it out for that but for road only the powertronic
will do it no probs .

Regards lee

What is the new rev limit? Stock is 10k, with the ktm/akra map it is raised too, to 10,250. Is the limit adjustable on it?

mr-fabricator

Limit is somewhere around 11k , absoloutly pointless at that but its there , if u realy fudge a corner or gear its handy but in reality i use the raised limit as a buffer probably first 100 rpm a 10250 limit would be fine as u realy dont need any more ,

When i was playing with gearing it take it to about 10500 in fith for turn 6 , now im back to standard gears and see about 10200 . On another trackni only use for tuning theirs a short straight where i should go into 4th but just hang on 3rd gear high in the revs .

Its horses for corses i suppose and about getting around as fast as u can , the rc has real good torque so i tend to use the gears and short shift rather than maxing out the revs when power hits a brick wall

Regards lee

micahpearlman

Theirs another box from "sirus " think thats the name rev limit is removed !!!!! Wtf , whats the point ,

Yeah, I'm not even sure I would mess around with the limiter until it is known how well the drivetrain can hold up to that. I like modern bikes because I can just bounce 'em off the limiter all day long, safely.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Yeah, I'm not even sure I would mess around with the limiter until it is known how well the drivetrain can hold up to that. I like modern bikes because I can just bounce 'em off the limiter all day long, safely.

LOL, that is true. Typically they are set pretty safe from factory obviously to keep them together, warranty wise and they're are usually way done pulling or nosing over pretty hard on limiter. That is not the case though that I see with the 390, by looking at graph I posted in "modifying intake'' thread, its fairly flat from peak to limiter. Yes it does nose over but not as bad as most stock bikes. The more you can spin it the more power it will make, given the intake, ports, cams, etc can support it. I think with the kit I'm working on it will still be pulling linearly at rev limiter. That's a pretty good indicator with what I've seen so far, it will probably need around 11k to have some usable over rev. As it sits "stockish" the motor is very reminiscent of the rc8 motor. It is a mid range grunt short shifter like mr-fab says.

mr-fabricator

If its producing power north of 10k then i may be able to go down a tooth on the rear depends on where the torque come in compared to stock , . Inevitably its a compromise with anything we do especially on the track , i had 6 good corners and one bad , swopped the rear out and i had 1 good corner and 6 shiters !!

This is why i love developing things

Regards lee